Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Precision 5857 fitment question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Precision 5857 fitment question

Hey guys, I know this turbo seems to still be pretty new to everyone and it is so hard to find information on them. Anyway, I am curious for anyone that went from a Garrett GT V band turbo to I guess either the 5857 or the 6057 in v band how much different is the exhaust side of the turbo? Iam wondering if I would be able to swap out my GT v band GT3076r for a 5857 without having to redo my down pipe and wastegate reroute back in to the exhaust. I could probably either push or pull the downpipe and exhaust a hair back and forth to make it fit if the housing was a hair longer or shorter but then I think my wastegate reroute would cause a problem.

So if anyone has info in regards to how it might compare or if you have indeed swapped a Garrett for the Precision and have insight that would be awesome!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:56 AM

From what Mike@AWDMotorsports told me, the 5857 v-band rear is a custom size which is a hair smaller diameter than 3" and off the shelf v-band flanges/clamps will not work. So Mike ordered the flange+clamp directly from Precision for me along with the turbo.

I think you may have to do a little fab work but I can't be sure.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by luvnish
From what Mike@AWDMotorsports told me, the 5857 v-band rear is a custom size which is a hair smaller diameter than 3" and off the shelf v-band flanges/clamps will not work. So Mike ordered the flange+clamp directly from Precision for me along with the turbo.

I think you may have to do a little fab work but I can't be sure.
Correct, the Precision V bands are slightly different. I dislike how the difference is so minimal. I did see one time that someone bought an off the shelf flange/clamp and it worked, but I dont remember the specs.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:33 PM

Minimal differences like that is usually so you have to buy the accessories from them too. Maybe Precision has a better reason
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:54 PM

Well that is crappy. I actually had a guy tell me the turbo didn't come in 3" v band but 2.5" instead. Maybe this is what he was talking about but I swore I saw 3" v band listed somewhere. So it really is just a hair smaller than 3" then. I guess it wouldnt be a huge deal to cut the existing v band off and put a new one on my downpipe but what I am more concerned about is if the actual housing is much shorter or longer than the Garrett GT v band housing. Sounds like there will be a few opsticles to tackle and a whole new downpipe setup will be a must.