Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Tuning Options - USDM CT9As, Read!

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't speak to the programs within the other ACD tuners, but the MoTeC allows for different clamp loads at different speeds and throttle positions, so if you wanted no lock under 25mph, its as simple as changing a few cells in a table. The whole software package is available for download for free from MoTeC's website so you can play with it before buying.

I'm hoping to add a traqmate datalogger to my arsenal this season and would really like to do some testing on a dirt figure 8. Testing time has been very slim this year though.

Dave
Old May 7, 2010, 07:09 AM

KAPS acd ecu

This is what I run on my open class rally car now.

http://eng.kaps-transmissions.com/ne...ancer-934.html

Kaps is a czech company that is growing in popularity. Most of the top rally teams in the US run there dog boxes. I used the ralliart for the first 12 events in the car and then tried this last week in WA at the Olympus rally. Very nice with full diag built in. Comes with 9 maps plus you can write your own. Check it out. They have been great to work with.
Old May 7, 2010, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
nice, i'll def add to the first post
Old May 17, 2010, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Update:

Finally ran my car at autocross (on all-seasons, unfortunately). With my Gruppe-S ACD reflash on rain and the Cusco rear diff the car felt pretty good - There were a couple 180s that I was struggling with, was understeering/car didn't want to turn but I think that was more due to the all seasons than anything else.

However, when the car turns around and I get on the gas it poweroversteers with amazingly - I never drove the car with just the ACD reflash so I'm not sure how much that applies to just the reflash. Also I did try the gravel mode for one of the runs, but I decided to go back to the snow (rain) setting. Not sure how much of a difference there was.

Last edited by kyoo; May 17, 2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old May 17, 2010, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
sounds good! Keep us posted on how things progress this year!
Old May 17, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool, glad to hear you got to take your car out.
- I got another autox this sat so I cant wait.
Old May 18, 2010, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will be purchasing the ACD reflash from Grouppe S sometime this week and test it out at Buttonwillow Raceway in June. My set up is changing over quite a bit, but here is what I ran last time,

BW CW#13 2:09.021 300whp/300wtq Nitto NT05's Swift Springs/Stock Struts

I plan on adding an RSB along with the flash, same tires, but I am on e85 now and about +40whp/30wtq. As far as suspension goes, I don't know if I will have a proper set up here in time.

Don't know how valid the comparison will be, but I will be able to feel it with the ACD as I drive in "Gravel" Mode at the moment at the track, and on the flash it is Tarmac mode that will offer the Optimized Circuit Mode.

Also, here is another option for you guys to think about

Cosworth/Pectel EDC

This Evo Differential Controller (EDC) is designed as a direct replacement to the factory fitted central differential controller for the Mitsubishi Evo VII, Evo VIII and Evo IX Group N rally cars. It is a standalone controller, but it can be linked to the ABS unit, Steering unit and ECU on the car for gear related features. It provides RS232 communications with a PC for setup and data download. It provides all of the I/O requirements to run the centre differential together with the driver's controls and displays. The EDC has 1MB of logging memory.

http://www.cosworth.com/Default.aspx?id=1097883

Last edited by willitas34; May 18, 2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old May 18, 2010, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
^ That's what the Sierra Sierra guys are using. Basically the same $$$ or more as going Motec.
Old May 18, 2010, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

This is a great thread! Great info! Which one the best for drag racing?
Old May 18, 2010, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
None in particular. The best for drag racing would be one that can be set to vary lock vs. speed. Full lock in the launch, then partial lock through 2nd and part of 3rd, then full open.
Old May 18, 2010, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
None in particular. The best for drag racing would be one that can be set to vary lock vs. speed. Full lock in the launch, then partial lock through 2nd and part of 3rd, then full open.
Thanks!
Old May 20, 2010, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Balrok
^ That's what the Sierra Sierra guys are using. Basically the same $$$ or more as going Motec.
Yes sir, it is a bit pricey.

So it looks like Grouppe-S will be sending me out a flashed (Optimized Circuit) ACD ECU. So this is what my plan is, go out for a few session on my stock acd ecu, and swap during the middle of the day (or sooner ) and see what the results are.

My set up will be changing over quite a bit, so I wanna get a feel for the new set up before I am quick to jump on the reflashed acd unit to give some solid feedback. Here will be the new set up and track,

Buttonwillow CW#13 config

-Ohlins 8k/9k
-Progress 27mm RSB + Perrin End Links (Softest Setting to start)
- Power up from 300whp/300wtq, to my guess the final number will be on e85 350whp/340wtq track tune (will know Friday)

I am very excited to test this unit out, keep you guys updated

will
Old May 20, 2010, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

niceee let us know how that before and after testing goes - maybe instrumented if you can.

i think overall it works really well - the only place it kind of falters is for the really tight (180 deg) stuff in like autocross/gymkhana
Old May 24, 2010, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kyooch
niceee let us know how that before and after testing goes - maybe instrumented if you can.

i think overall it works really well - the only place it kind of falters is for the really tight (180 deg) stuff in like autocross/gymkhana
though, at least coupled with a decent 1.5 way in the rear.. madd power oversteer <3 for real
Old May 24, 2010, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kyooch
though, at least coupled with a decent 1.5 way in the rear.. madd power oversteer <3 for real
yep. the power oversteer is kicka$$.

Quick Reply: ACD Tuning Options - USDM CT9As, Read!