Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What Motor Mounts Should I Use?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn i wish you would have let me know earlier. Already placed an order with Maperformance for the ams mount and a few other things.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 03:08 PM

I am not sure why some feel the Avids on all four postitions are an option. My car has them and the car vibrates quite a bit. More than a daily driver should IMO. Especially the dash. It does give the car a race car feel and at times it seems cool when you feel like driving for the sake of just being in and driving the car. At the other times when you are trying to just live your life and get through the day it is annoying. Not very many people will ride in my car because of it.

Would it be a good option then to replace the sides and the rear with stock mounts or at least a softer mount and keep the AVID in the front?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 03:23 PM
Account Disabled

we've still got some of the complete Avid kits in stock, let me know if you're interested. We're blowing them out. = )
Old Apr 7, 2010, 06:48 PM

I went with the (purple colored) PowerFlex front and side mounts, which I got through Lancershop.com. I am very happy with them!! The solved all of the issues that I was having, in particular the issue where hard shifts felt like the car was hit with a sledgehammer.

I got some additional in car and steering wheel vibration. Its pretty minor and was easy to get used to. I used to notice it, not anymore.

Glad I did not do the rear mount... I hear that you get more annoyances than what it is worth.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i went with all 4 avid 90 mounts. i love them .... i have minimal steering wheel vibration and you can feel it alot more if you start to bog but other then that they are awesome very liveable
Old May 4, 2010, 04:36 PM

I want to get new motor mounts too. My stock ones are worn out. The car is my daily driver and if possible, Id like to not increase the vibrations as much as possible, while replacing as many of the mounts as possible.

Can someone recommend some mounts that are soft? as close to stock as possible, even stock ones would be okay but I would think that the stock ones are probably more expensive.

Right now I am thinking of just replacing the front and sides and leaving the rear alone. Does the rear take a lot of abuse compared to the front and sides?