Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Amsoil Users for the T-case and Rear Diff

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2010, 06:17 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dambikeracer
The 75w-140 is what BMW and the GT-R run in the rear diff and t-case. And I have more WHP then them. The Redline Shockproof Light is also 75w-140.
140 will give you a good cushion for the ring and gear assembly and diff spyder gears,, specially for the power you are running
Old Apr 3, 2010, 06:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kyooch
really 140? hmmm... maybe i'll do the same, i recently got a cusco 1.5 type rs, only 380whp 370lb ft to the wheels tho
at 380 i wouldn't bother with 140 weight,, 75W90 would be perfect for you.

now if you are launching you car and tracking the baby like no ones business then you may concider 140
Old Apr 4, 2010, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RunThat
SRN Severe Gear SAE 190
SRT Severe Gear SAE 250

I will be trying one of these, however, can I go wrong by just going with the SRT250 and not worrying about it?
I think that the SRT 250 is over kill for 526 WHP, that's why I'm going to run the 75w-140. I feel that the current Redline Shockproof (SAE 250) is too damn heavy!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've run AMSOIL for over a year now. Motor oil changed every 2000 miles and Tranny, TC, and rear differential every 15000 miles since I launch the car a lot. Still on stock internals all around at about 70000 miles and have never broken anything. I owe it to the AMSOIL. 541hp/464tq
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

I am on my second set of Amsoil gear oil throughout the car including tcase and rear end. I cannot comment on all of the weights you have listed but I have zero complaints about the fluid. I had Redline across the driveline before but switched to try Amsoil and have found the tranny to be smoother. That is really my only reason for the switch as I had no excessive noise, vibration, or clunking with either fluid in the diff or tcase. Amsoil is hard to beat in any capacity except price. Good luck.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I used oem for my tc and rear diff during my last change and used amsoil tranny fluid. I know this is not what you're asking for but I can tell you amsoil is legit and it's the real deal. I've had bg and motul and none compare to amsoil. This is what I got from amsoil fluids and not with others; silent tranny, smooth shifting, no high rpm fifth gear grind, and feels like tranny can take more beating. Though I have not tried the tc and rear diff fluid, I will definitely use it next time because of the result I got from using the tranny fluid. Amsoil is the best fluids out there period, you will not be disappointed!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've run Amsoil MTG in my 6-speed and SVG in my TC and Rear Diff and so far so good. I've had no complaints about the fluids and have changed them at their normal intervals, if not a little sooner.

-Jalal
Old Apr 6, 2010, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

My friends can tell you that no one goes to the drag strip more than I do, over the past year I've been running Amsoil and have done probably 100 launches with the car(Maybe more), I have them both on the T-Case and the Rear Diff and they feel amazing. When I drained them just recently I can tell you that they were cleaner than when I ran other brands that I ran with less abuse, meaning that the Amsoil performed better for a longer time. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I will never run anything else in my car because I have seen the differences in quality.

-aka
Old Apr 6, 2010, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Pick an pil that suits what your going to do, do you abuse your car? Pick the heavier oil designed for that, and get that extra piece of mind. DO you just daily it, putt around? Get the lighter more subdued oil and maybe even pick up a couple extra mpgs. My point is with amsoil fluids your really can't go wrong!!!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

I had Chad Block recommend the amsoil fluids to me, and coudlnt be happier...My car is a dd, not crazy power (370whp on CBRD's dyno)....I have no complaints...Plus the customer service is outstanding, if u have any questions...I think andy got it to me in like 2 days
Old Apr 6, 2010, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
I have been using the suggested SVG 75W-90 for a little over 15k now. I can truly say Amsoil is the ****. For now I will stick with the same weight as I don't foresee myself going to the track at all this year I'm expecting my first born in August. Next year I think I will be rebuilding my motor and taking her to the track alot more and I will probably go with 75W-140. To the OP how much power and Tq do you make?
Old Apr 6, 2010, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kyooch
really 140? hmmm... maybe i'll do the same, i recently got a cusco 1.5 type rs, only 380whp 370lb ft to the wheels tho
Originally Posted by DBallz
I have been using the suggested SVG 75W-90 for a little over 15k now. I can truly say Amsoil is the ****. For now I will stick with the same weight as I don't foresee myself going to the track at all this year I'm expecting my first born in August. Next year I think I will be rebuilding my motor and taking her to the track alot more and I will probably go with 75W-140. To the OP how much power and Tq do you make?
Im planning to do the same....btw congrats on the first born DB, time to get that Baby Recaro seat
Old Apr 6, 2010, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been using all Amsoil fluids and air filter for about 3500 miles now and car runs great. Cant really go into depth with the fluids as I havnt been using it that long but I am now a loyal customer.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 06:27 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DBallz
Congrats on the newborn,,, we are having ou baby boy in 6 weeks.

this weight you are running is ok for you, unless you start doing heavy track,, we all have to keep in mind that synthetics hold up to some more abuse than non synthetic like diaqueen
Old Apr 6, 2010, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apagan01
Congrats on the newborn,,, we are having ou baby boy in 6 weeks.

this weight you are running is ok for you, unless you start doing heavy track,, we all have to keep in mind that synthetics hold up to some more abuse than non synthetic like diaqueen
Hey andy think I should get the 140 or am I ok still?

Quick Reply: Amsoil Users for the T-case and Rear Diff