Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

9:1 pistons or 10:1???

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i was wondering was he mildly retartded or something.
Old May 17, 2010, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah maybe he wants to achieve the minimal post requirement for posting ads on Evo classified forum. But, don't be so harsh on him. You never know, he may have a cute younger sister
Old May 17, 2010, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sparky
Yeah maybe he wants to achieve the minimal post requirement for posting ads on Evo classified forum. But, don't be so harsh on him. You never know, he may have a cute younger sister
haha i never looked at it like that
Old May 18, 2010, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=06redrocket;8316849][quote=crewdawg130;8316671]
whats a honda shop? I never said that national speed advertised anything you must be confused. I happen to be friends with Jordon who works there and is over seeing my build. For you to call it anything other than another shop shows your unprofessionalism. I actaully was going to go with you guys but I didnt feel comfortable leaving my car over a month with someone I dont know that works out of a shop. I also didnt want to make the drive back and forth which would be around a four hour round trip drive. I happen to work next to National Speed and know the owner so I can over see my build and visit my car whenever I like. When my build is complete ill be happy to post up pics and videos. Thanks
like i said.... 10:1

Good luck with your build.
Old May 18, 2010, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=06redrocket;8316849][quote=crewdawg130;8316671]
whats a honda shop? I never said that national speed advertised anything you must be confused. I happen to be friends with Jordon who works there and is over seeing my build. For you to call it anything other than another shop shows your unprofessionalism. I actaully was going to go with you guys but I didnt feel comfortable leaving my car over a month with someone I dont know that works out of a shop. I also didnt want to make the drive back and forth which would be around a four hour round trip drive. I happen to work next to National Speed and know the owner so I can over see my build and visit my car whenever I like. When my build is complete ill be happy to post up pics and videos. Thanks
A honda shop is a shop that builds primarily Hondas.

He was calling it something other than "another shop" simply because of the cars that are more local to them that come to fayetteville for work because either their cars were serviced incorrectly while being there, or the warm and fuzzy they didn't get from the tuner, and your statement about his comments when you asked about tuning your car only support that.

I love their shop however, it is very clean, the guys are very nice and they have a decent sized building that is setup nice.

best of luck with your build
Old May 18, 2010, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

First I wanted to do 11:1 and then 10:1 so I settled on 10.5:1. BMW runs 10.2:1 on their turbo charged cars, and Audi is 9.8:1. Most engine builds today are 10:1 and up running E-85.

Last edited by dambikeracer; May 18, 2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old May 18, 2010, 07:54 AM

As far as nitrous/ethanol goes, I have had great success with it. We do it most commonly with fully tuned pump gas cars. (We don't have e85 at the pump here, 93 only). I sell e100 for my staged injection, meth injection, and bike guys.

Take a car tuned to the pump gas limit at about 25 psi. If you add a 100 shot on that, two things will happen. The boost will creep and the car will detonate. Of course you can pull timing and still get some use out of it, but it can be dangerous like that.

Instead we setup a the shot to come in with e100. We run the shot rich intentionally to offset for boost creep and the added cylinder pressure. Using this method the average 100 whp shot makes about 120 whp and 135 ftlbs if the boost stays steady. In most cases the car will accept additional timing during the shot, bringing the torque even higher.

I have also used it on staged injection cars that run the ethanol under full boost and sprayed on top of it. This method works just as well, accept you can run the shot much leaner because you already have race gas in the cylinder.

If you are running e85, tap the shot off your fuel rail and stop the domestic guys from taking the hit! And don't run any less than a 100 shot (if you have supping mods).
Old May 18, 2010, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

[quote=bigric09;8317935][quote=06redrocket;8316849]
Originally Posted by crewdawg130

A honda shop is a shop that builds primarily Hondas.

He was calling it something other than "another shop" simply because of the cars that are more local to them that come to fayetteville for work because either their cars were serviced incorrectly while being there, or the warm and fuzzy they didn't get from the tuner, and your statement about his comments when you asked about tuning your car only support that.

I love their shop however, it is very clean, the guys are very nice and they have a decent sized building that is setup nice.

best of luck with your build

Haha I wouldnt call their shop a honda shop . They build mostly Nissan's and have had some sick cars come out of their shop including the owners 350z. Thay also have one of the cleanest shops second to CBRD that I have seen. You can eat off of their floors. Again I would have taken the trip to fayetteville but I would never be able to leave my car with someone who works out of someone elses shop. Its a shame they dont open there own shop because my car would have been there right now. Thanks for everyones advice and as far as the itrous goes I just figured Id throw my 75 shot I had laying around on if I didnt see the numbers I wanted. I dont think ill be disappointed with a 6262.
Old May 19, 2010, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06redrocket
Haha I wouldnt call their shop a honda shop . They build mostly Nissan's and have had some sick cars come out of their shop including the owners 350z. Thay also have one of the cleanest shops second to CBRD that I have seen. You can eat off of their floors. Again I would have taken the trip to fayetteville but I would never be able to leave my car with someone who works out of someone elses shop. Its a shame they dont open there own shop because my car would have been there right now. Thanks for everyones advice and as far as the itrous goes I just figured Id throw my 75 shot I had laying around on if I didnt see the numbers I wanted. I dont think ill be disappointed with a 6262.
Are you getting the engine built there or you getting a crate engine. Regardless, If I was you, I would make up my mind before the engine build and advise the builder of your intent to run NOS. Trust me. It matters…
Also, what kind of power your trying to make? On pump and E85?

Good Luck
BTW: FFP is the Mitsubishi side of epic motorsport. That you know is all Subaru. Is just a better / easier way to manage the shop…
Old May 19, 2010, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

all this quotes are all jacked up.. i wonder if evom has issues?
Old May 19, 2010, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crewdawg130
all this quotes are all jacked up.. i wonder if evom has issues?
^ Nope !!!

Its what happens when someone doesn't quote things properly and they remove the "[/quote] or [quote]"
Old Sep 4, 2010, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

wonder what happend with this build