Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

injen intercooler piping and intake

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use the Injen UICP and Intake and it works great. I chose this because I did not want to use a mini battery. However, if I were to do a relocation kit, I would get a short route UICP in order to free up some room in the engine bay to run a catch can or something. The Injen products work very well and they are good for the price.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you can have a catch can with the injen system i have perrin oil catch can
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subscribing
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Ive been running the injen for a while now, and the only issue I can say is the couplers are thin and wear out over time. I had to replace the coupler that mates to the TB, as it was leaking, and extremely plyable. I upgraded to an ets coupler, and is MUCH thicker, and MUCH stronger!

dont mean to TJ sorry, but I also have a question for the injen guys. The turbo outlet pipe (s pipe that has the intake/maf) mine can be pulled on and moves a couple inches either way, is this normal or do I need to replace this coupler as well?

note: did a smoke test, and didnt leak, but need to do a real boost leak test.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

I have had this unit for a few years now and it was the best option regarding price and ability to keep the stock battery at the time. Not sure how it compares now but I have no complaints and never had any issues.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

love it, works well esp with the coupler fix that was stated/shown before. I had a lot of blowoffs at that location as well. Works like a charm now
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

I just found the fujita intercooler piping and intake combo on craigslist. The guy wants 200 for them. Do you guys think its worth it and are they any good? Thanks for all the input guys.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

ive had this intercooler piping on my car since 27k miles and i have 75k now. never had a problem with it until i changed my intercooler to an ams. if u change intercoolers make sure to buy tbolts for the couplers because it blows the crappy ones they give u with the kit right off.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

they are very well design with good gains.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

as long as you do a proper leakdown test with it after install you shouldnt have any worries.

Also the piping is a bit thin which *may* lead to bent pipes if you use too much force clamping them down.

10K miles without having to make a single adjustment, but after all you guys said about the middle coupler i'll give it another leakdown test this weekend.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Cool thanks for the help guys.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 01:31 AM
Evolved Member

I have had the injen installed for about three and a half years, and am happy with it for what it's worth. There is a point to be make with the ETS being a shorter distance but for the price diff. I don't think its worth it, and just like posted above the UICP doesn't really make a diff. so spending more money on it is an interesting choice. If you dyno them back to back I would be very surprised if there was any difference in the numbers. As far as blowing off, or fitment is concerned, I'm not trying to be an a** but I would have to say that is an install error and not a design flaw. At first that is what I thought and the top of the pipe was rubbing on my hood, and the bracket didn't line up just like in the above pics. When I went back took my time and was persistant the fitment is spot on, and the bracket lined up. Never blown off in over 44K miles. Just my two cents but for the overall gains of UICP and intake for the price, the injen kit cannot be beat. Good luck with your choice.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

I made 450 whp on a mustang dyno with this stuff. not bad stuff but I made my own mini battery kit so I upgraded.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 03:23 PM
R0b
Evolving Member

ive been running these pipes for a while now too.

i have a greddy upper radiator pipe that hits the intake pipe =(

Other than that, 22-24psi boost, no leaks or anything.

in relation to that join under the bov, that looks like an install error than a design fault.

that bracket bolts to the chasis where the stock boost control solenoid used to be - and it does fit, as mines bolted like that.

i have it all mated to a AMS intercooler.

no pipe blow offs or leaks.

looks on the other hand...theres alot of nice looking kits out there
Old Sep 10, 2010, 01:40 PM

Exclamation

The Injen IC pipes are made of ALUMINUM and are great quality. I will not use stainless steel for my IC pipes. Be prepared to pay another $100+ though, because the supplied couplers and hose clamps are useless. A list of additional parts I had to buy:

Silicone Hose
1 1.75" hump hose coupler
2 2.25" 45° elbow couplers
1 2.5" hump hose coupler

T-Bolt clamps
4 1.5"
2 1.75"
6 2.5"
2 2.75"

Quick Reply: injen intercooler piping and intake