Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

injen intercooler piping and intake

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
injen intercooler piping and intake

I'm just wondering what you fine people think about this product and some experiences you guys have had with it.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 01:00 PM

It's not a bad product at all. Much better and more efficient than the stock one for sure.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Personally, I ran the Injen for over a year and switched to the ETS UICP/LICP and will never look back. The ETS stuff is way nicer and are shorter so it helps spool. They are also SS so they are stronger. I have the ER/ETS 4" intake with SD and couldn't be any happier. The Injen intake is not that good. The larger S shape is not ideal for power and flow. I would look at switching to SD and getting rid of the MAF while you are at it too.

Mikey
Old Jun 23, 2010, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like it and the price is real good main reason i went with it.....
Old Jun 23, 2010, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

I have the system and have done a couple of writeups prefecting the system. alot of people will hate on it but it will get the job done i have seen 700+whp evo running them with no issues. Sorry you dont have to get other brands this will do nicely. Besides mikey you of all people should know the UPPER IC does nothing for you. the lower one does as far as spool. so i have read about the ets v2 stats etc but for what you pay the injen is a great system. will get the job done and you can keep stock batter in place about the only other system i might consider is Niesi(however you spell it)
Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
I have the system and have done a couple of writeups prefecting the system. alot of people will hate on it but it will get the job done i have seen 700+whp evo running them with no issues. Sorry you dont have to get other brands this will do nicely. Besides mikey you of all people should know the UPPER IC does nothing for you. the lower one does as far as spool. so i have read about the ets v2 stats etc but for what you pay the injen is a great system. will get the job done and you can keep stock batter in place about the only other system i might consider is Niesi(however you spell it)
Ya but the ETS UICP is 7 or so inchs shorter than the Injen so yes that will help spool and response, ROCK!!!

Mikey
Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:10 PM

i have a couple friends running the injen piping and it has done them nicely. i have been considering the setup myself. although i must say the ets setup is looking nice as well. what are your opinions on the turbo xs intercooler piping?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by biggieevoIX
i have a couple friends running the injen piping and it has done them nicely. i have been considering the setup myself. although i must say the ets setup is looking nice as well. what are your opinions on the turbo xs intercooler piping?
boooooo. wow mikey you would be the first person ever to state the upper ic does something besides looking good
Old Jun 23, 2010, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

boooooo. wow mikey you would be the first person ever to state the upper ic does something besides looking good
I agree the UICPs don't do anything power wise... However, not sure if it is tested or not, but the short route ETS UICP "should" theoretically improve spool and response. How much, god only knows...

However, I do know that I went from the Injen UICP to the ETS Short Route UICP when I put on my Magnus v5 intake manifold and I didn't lose any spool. I was expecting to lose 200rpms with the Magnus but maybe the shorter UICP helped eliminate that... I just don't know for sure. It was not a direct back to back...

Mikey
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

I have the Injen pipes on my Evo and I don't like them. The UCIPs are not properly aligned theyand due to the couplings not having a direct fit I have more than once had pipes blow off when they woud not have if the piping was better aligned. I wouldn't buy them again.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by atxMR
I have the Injen pipes on my Evo and I don't like them. The UCIPs are not properly aligned theyand due to the couplings not having a direct fit I have more than once had pipes blow off when they woud not have if the piping was better aligned. I wouldn't buy them again.
I have to agree with you! The coupler right under the bov can be a pita to keep on sometimes. I would go with the ETS because of fitment, quality and proven.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

it works for me, of course will need to imrovise to fit it
Old Jun 23, 2010, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kasey
I have to agree with you! The coupler right under the bov can be a pita to keep on sometimes. I would go with the ETS because of fitment, quality and proven.
There are some minor changes that need to be made to make the kit perfect. first off get rid of the injen hoses for sure replace them with better hoses then you will be perfectly fine with nothing blowing off.

before

Name:  DSC_1321.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  73.3 KB

after

Name:  DSC_1322.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  74.8 KB
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:07 PM

I have them too. They were a pita when I put them on. They didn't line up very good so I ended up using some different couplers. My biggest fitment issue was with the licp connecting to the AGP intercooler. I've never had any issues with them popping off under boost though. I did upgrade my clamps to t-bolt style clamps.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

There are some minor changes that need to be made to make the kit perfect. first off get rid of the injen hoses for sure replace them with better hoses then you will be perfectly fine with nothing blowing off.

before

after

Nice fix.

Quick Reply: injen intercooler piping and intake