Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

vmrevo9's mini build

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
no problem! cant wait. for some reason idle seems weird to me but then again after everything that was installed and without it being tuned what can i expect right

cant wait to get this thing done i want to experience the BBK's potential.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

alright well today i had some time to install the new milspec seals again, and the install was a success lol. i did a boost leak check and noticed a leak coming out of the omni 4bar map sensor. i fixed it by swapping out the o-ring with the factory 1bar sensor's o-ring. so as of now it held pressurized air longer with the only leaks being the MBC at around 15psi and the line coming out of the valve cover going into the intake tube. it was definitely alot better than before.

the cams and headstuds should be in this week and hopefully in november i can get this stuff installed and the car tuned!

im comtemplating on removing some of the header wrap that was used to cover up the downpipe. it smokes and stinks i figured it would have been past that by now but apparently not. i'll give it another week and if it doesnt get better than it will be partially removed.

Last edited by vmrevo9; Oct 24, 2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 04:59 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=vmrevo9;8778445]alright well today i had some time to install the new milspec seals again, and the install was a success lol. i did a boost leak check and noticed a leak coming out of the omni 4bar map sensor. i fixed it by swapping out the o-ring with the factory 1bar sensor's o-ring. so as of now it held pressurized air longer with the only leaks being the MBC at around 15psi and the line coming out of the valve cover going into the intake tube. it was definitely alot better than before.

the cams and headstuds should be in this week and hopefully in november i can get this stuff installed and the car tuned!

im comtemplating on removing some of the header wrap that was used to cover up the downpipe. it smokes and stinks i figured it would have been past that by now but apparently not. i'll give it another week and if it doesnt get better than it will be partially removed.[/QUOTE]

Vic, it took a few weeks for the stink to dissapear when i wrapped my DP, i also had painted it with high temp paint
Old Oct 25, 2010, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i painted mine with the sealer paint that DEI makes. i also used it on my manifold and it didnt last to long which i didnt think it would lol.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

GSC S2 cams and ARP head studs are here!! about another 2 weeks or so everything can be put in and dialed in! cant wait because she is running alittle rough
Old Nov 9, 2010, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

well i finally was able to get the cams and headstuds installed and the car tuned by Josh, Jason and Matt at Spec-Ops Motorsports.

i cant and wont be able to say it enough about these guys! they are completely top notch!! i left my house monday morning just before 5am and arrived at their shop around 1145am or so and Josh (the rag) started working on my car right away! he was done installing the cams, headstuds, beehive springs and timing belt stuff around 11pm then Jason and Matt jumped in for the tuning. after setting in the injectors we went out for the road tune and the car pulled pretty good. but then we realized that the injectors werent what we thought they were. so the next day we rescaled and touched up the tune again and and this time i was the passenger and needless to say that i was surprised on how much more powerful and quick it felt. i was actually speechless and had that rollercoaster ride in my stomach WOW!

the GSC's are pretty impressive and paired with the BBK Full its a great combo! i love the lope and i'll take a video tomorrow and post it up.

well on to the pics

here is my head after removing the valve cover and for having 33k miles it looks really clean! i guess thats the Amsoil at work!!

sand on my tensioner... WTF!!

replacing the valve springs

GSC S2's, headstuds and beehive springs installed!

after a few adjustments, and pulls during the mid day this is what we got
VDR DynoJet mode
VDR calculator Mustang Dyno average mode

Big thank you to Jason and the crew at Spec Ops! awesome job and great customer service. i plan on going to them in the future!

i will do a few pulls around here and see what numbers come up and i also plan on going to the track (1/4 mile) and see what times i can get.

stay tuned!

Last edited by vmrevo9; Nov 10, 2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 04:49 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Vic... I'm glad you could make it up.

The top graph posted is the Virtual Dyno default Dynojet simulated. The black graph is actually the VDR calculator and was using the Mustang Average setting.

Damn Injectors
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

yeah the injectors thing was a trip but it actually benefits me lol to clear it up it seemed that the injectors i thought were 1000cc are more like 1200cc well at aleast they scaled that way lol

damn modding bug! i'm alreadly eyeing a ported intake manifold, 65mm TB and an intercooler (ETS, Buschur or CBRD) it never ends
Old Nov 10, 2010, 07:40 AM
Account Disabled

Let me know which way you want to go for the IC stuff... we are vendors for all 3
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

well definitely talk when the money is there but like i told you before i will probably do the intake mani and TB first. dont worry i got your number and i know where you work lol
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:14 AM
Account Disabled

Glad you made the trip up to see us Vic. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you on your modding path in the future. Thanks again and glad you made it home safe!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Matt I enjoyed it thanks for having the shop open so late!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

video of idle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej8IWag39Cg
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:39 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by vmrevo9
Thanks Matt I enjoyed it thanks for having the shop open so late!
No worries. We go outta our way to take care of our customers, especially our service members. Thanks again for making the drive and you definately have one of the better maintained evos I've seen come through the shop!
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks I try to take care of her as much as possible I take alot of pride in her lol