Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Gum Out Flex-Fuel Injector Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gum Out Flex-Fuel Injector Cleaner

One of the downsides to running E85 is that it clogs injectors. One of the locals here found this product on the internet. Hopefully it will work better than current injector cleaners on the market. I havent tried it yet but plan on getting some this week and giving it a whirl. Anything has got to beat taking out the injectors and cleaning them by hand. Here is the link to the website

http://www.gumout.com/ourProducts/fl...VehicleFIC.asp
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this sounds promising if it works....Justin
Old Sep 16, 2010, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Who has it in stock?? I have looked everywhere here in AZ.

Lucas also has one, they emailed me saying it will be out next month.

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/dis...show&headTitle= - Safeguard™ Ethanol Fuel Conditioner & Stabilizer
Old Sep 16, 2010, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

BG 44k!!! Works everytime!!!
Old Sep 16, 2010, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wshihdnevo
BG 44k!!! Works everytime!!!
I don't see where it says it's compatible with E85.

I have been using seafoam but I want give something else a try...
Old Sep 16, 2010, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ROGERV
I don't see where it says it's compatible with E85.

I have been using seafoam but I want give something else a try...

You can run the 44k with regular gas through a tank in intervals... Dont see why you couldnt run it with E85...
Old Sep 16, 2010, 03:35 PM

Im gonna hit some auto part store on the way home and I will check back in and let everyone know what I found out. Lucas is also local here in Indiana. They have a warehouse about 45 minutes from me.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 06:24 AM

Ok so I went to some of the local auto part stores in the area only find out that no one has either product yet. Hopefully stores will start selling this stuff soon. until then
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Dragging this back up from the dead.

I found this at the local Pep-Boys today. Just wondering if anyone has tried it yet?

Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
let us know how this works!! i bought the injector cleaner from amsoil but have not tried it yet and not sure if its compatible with e85. plus it says its been cleaning since 1945 so it has to work
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JDriver47130
One of the downsides to running E85 is that it clogs injectors. One of the locals here found this product on the internet. Hopefully it will work better than current injector cleaners on the market market...http://www.gumout.com/ourProducts/fl...VehicleFIC.asp
Is your car setup with dual maps(E85/pump gas)? If it is then you could periodically run a couple of tankfuls of pump gas with a gallon of xylene(xylol) mixed into each tankful of pump gas.

Xylene is a powerful solvent that is the main active ingredient in the more expensive brand-name injector cleaners.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't you just run a bit of 91/93 for a couple miles?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twabtoxer
let us know how this works!! i bought the injector cleaner from amsoil but have not tried it yet and not sure if its compatible with e85. plus it says its been cleaning since 1945 so it has to work
I'm a bit nervous about trying a product that hasn't been tested with higher percentages of ethanol.

Originally Posted by sparky
Is your car setup with dual maps(E85/pump gas)? If it is then you could periodically run a couple of tankfuls of pump gas with a gallon of xylene(xylol) mixed into each tankful of pump gas.

Xylene is a powerful solvent that is the main active ingredient in the more expensive brand-name injector cleaners.
Originally Posted by prowakeskater
Can't you just run a bit of 91/93 for a couple miles?
Yes, my car is set up with dual maps, its just a pain in the **** to have to pre-plan the switchover from one fuel to another. Not to mention being down a hundred horsepower while commuting in bumper-to-bumper traffic just plain doesn't feel right!

My car has been full time on e85 for 2 years now, and I've finally noticed a bit of goo buildup on the injectors. Last weekend I pulled the injectors and cleaned them by running some pump 92 through them using a 12v battery and jumpers.

I'm hoping that this gumout stuff will do the trick if I run a bottle through every month ot two.

John-
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:54 AM

I really need to start using something like this (if it works). My car hasn't seen a drop of pump gas in probably over 2 years. Last time I pulled out my injectors there was a lot of that weird gooey **** on the tips of my injectors.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by red97rum
I really need to start using something like this (if it works). My car hasn't seen a drop of pump gas in probably over 2 years. Last time I pulled out my injectors there was a lot of that weird gooey **** on the tips of my injectors.

Unfortunately It isn't 'just' the injectors, that gunk sticks to valves and intake ports as well! e85 compatible stuff is kind of hard to find, This is the first time I've ever found it on the shelf in any of the local Auto Parts stores.

To bad I manually cleaned the injectors before I found this, so it will be awhile before I will be able to report back with results.

John-

Last edited by JohnnyTSi; Oct 18, 2011 at 10:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Gum Out Flex-Fuel Injector Cleaner