Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

adjusted clutch -> won't start

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2010, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
adjusted clutch -> won't start

i had no problems adjusting the rod length but after the adjustment, my car won't start. the lights and everything come on, but even with the clutch in its not cranking as if it's not.

the car is free of any kill switches or security. i pushed the white tab out of curiosity (circled in above pic), what is that?

i posted this in the original clutch adjustment thread too but i'm stranded now that the car won't start. any help would be appreciated
Old Oct 25, 2010, 03:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 307 Likes on 123 Posts
disconnect the switch (clutch switch) and try again?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's your neutral safety switch. It must be pressed in to start the car (or disconnect the plug like Mike said). If you pushed it out of the way, then the pedal is not making contact with it.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Clutch pedal shaft might not be making contact with the switch when you press in the clutch to start the car. Happened to a friend of mine who adjusted his car, he strongman'd it and somehow bent the switch holder.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

+1

Disconnect the switch and it will start right up. That is what you disconnect if you want a remote start in your car. It is just mis-aligned, happened to me when was adjusting my pedal for my ACT.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

It happened to me when I was adjusting my clutch. I just bent that switch holder a little bit to make a good connection with the pedal. After that everything was fine. Before bending metal holder piece, try to push that switch (threaded part) all the way towards the blue plastic holder piece. That should fix the problem. This switch need to be pressed to start the car. Or just simply disconnect the switch.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

thanks so much for the quick responses guys! i really appreciate the help

btw, the clutch adjustment made a huge difference, most of the notchiness is all but gone, cept 4th gear where it still scratches if i shift too quickly. i can cut through all the other gears like butter

this is where it sits currently. can i lengthen the rod anymore (clockwise)? cause the aforementioned 4th gear scratch has been getting less and less noticeable as i lengthen the rod, but at the same time i don't want to compromise the throw out bearing or anything.

cheers
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

i know it depends on your setup and life on the disk. there is still a little bit of free play at the top, and i still haven't experienced any slipping yet.

i'll play with it a little more, and if it still can't cure the scratch, i'm just going to wait to have my tranny refreshed by Shep.