Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Force-Fed tests the HKS 7460 Turbo

Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just found this thread, I'm looking forward to getting mine installed (all things being equal) looks like crazy spool
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:28 AM
Former Sponsor

O it is an amazing turbo that is really fun on the street. Stop light to stop light this sucker is hard to beat

We have GREAT pricing on these units guys. PM if interested in owning one if not THE fastest spooling turbo for the evo
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jamdown
Just found this thread, I'm looking forward to getting mine installed (all things being equal) looks like crazy spool

Cant wait to see how you like it man. I believe this customer is loving his still . trying to get him to convert to E85 but we will see. This is prolly the only stock frame turbo other than stock i could say i would for sure have on my car...

INsane deals on these during the sale guys, word around the camp fire is that pricing is going up first of the year
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Impressive results! Any idea on the CFM of this turbo? Comparable to the BBK-Full maybe?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

I think the best part of this turbo is the fact that it is a bolt on ball bearing turbo. Theorectically the bb setup should last longer and will definitely have better transient response than a journal bearing. That said, I think the FP HTA Green hits almost as soon and has a lot more power after ~ 4500 rpm.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
force fed,

if gscs1 cams are used, and cop ignition with intake/exhaust, wouldn't spool be even faster? I know that some boltons sacrifice low end for more power later. what is the optimal part list for bone stock car to improve boost only with this turbo? I know the 2010 911 turbo makes 400tq/400hp at 3k. so, if this evo can make 300 by 3300 that'd be more than enough. after all its not 130k lol
Old Nov 24, 2010, 04:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes with S1's this car will spool even faster. Also will spool faster on a MIVEC car.

I would honestly like to take a complete bone stock car, baseline it and then install this turbo and nothing else and see what it does.

I am honestly not sure of how many lbs/min this turbo flows.

If i were to build a basic car with this turbo it would be fairly simple

ACT 6puck clutch
880cc injectors
HKS turbo
ETS intake
ETS TBE
tune
mbc

E85 car
FIC1250's
Double pumper
kelford 272
Tubular mani
ETS intake
ETS TBE
ETS intercooler kit
COP ignition
mbc

This sucker on E85 would be ridiculous as far as spool
Old Nov 24, 2010, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
Yes with S1's this car will spool even faster. Also will spool faster on a MIVEC car.

I would honestly like to take a complete bone stock car, baseline it and then install this turbo and nothing else and see what it does.
This is my goal. Everything is stock on my car, right now. These days, a stock one is rare.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the fast response and that's what I thought as well. Most results so far on these hks turbos have "low end sacrificing" mods for top gains. I'll try to make it "spool speed only" car and not top end. I have your list of mods for the most part but just need to slap on the turbo. At this rate I don't think that 300 tq or higher by 3200 is impossible. If it can break 300+tq in the 2000's that'd be a problem for v8 mustangs and vettes to keep up with due to the awd. It'll be one heck of a response on the streets.

benefit scenario: tq coming on quickly. In a v8 this is instant, in current turbos itll come on but not "instantly feeling" but in the hks itll feel v8 like with the traction of 4 wheels going. fast spooling 400whp/400tq awd car would be brutal
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes sir, you guys have the right Idea. get em while they are hot tho. These suckers are still moving really fast and are hard to keep in stock!!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Broham
....Most results so far on these hks turbos have "low end sacrificing" mods for top gains. I'll try to make it "spool speed only" car and not top end...I have your list of mods for the most part but just need to slap on the turbo. At this rate I don't think that 300 tq or higher by 3200 is impossible.... It'll be one heck of a response on the streets....benefit scenario: tq coming on quickly. In a v8 this is instant, in current turbos itll come on but not "instantly feeling" but in the hks itll feel v8 like with the traction of 4 wheels going. fast spooling 400whp/400tq awd car would be brutal
If you want absolutely the best cam setup for fast spooling the turbo, I wouldn't run that Kelford combo. The bigger exhaust cam will favor topend and tends to reduce dynamic compression. Instead maybe the new GSC S1 grind and an adjustable cam sprocket.

What K&N intake are you running anyway? I hope that it is not the infamous Typhoon. Are you running a cat, or a test pipe? Can you get E-85, or are you limited to pump gas?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Sparky,

Those cams aren't in the car they're for sale, too laggy for me. I am planning to get s1's. regular kn cone, i hear the perrin is a better intake. no e85 here unfortunately that's within reasonable distance and running cat. i'll wait for more results but i'll get more parts in the meantime
Old Nov 25, 2010, 07:39 PM
Former Sponsor

yes the perrin intake is very very good. I should have shown what the turbo did at 22psi-25psi and 30psi but we were actually tuning it in the middle of a dyno day for a customer who had just got it on and time just wasnt avaliable. I think we may get the car back soon, so if we do i will be sure to get alot more specific with info for everyone. Ivey's review was very good for people as well.

We do have another almost stock evo8 that will be getting this soon i hope and a evox that is getting one as well soon.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 06:26 AM
Former Sponsor

HKS 7460 on our black friday sale!!!!! NOW IS THE TIME!!!!

PM us for great pricing
Old Nov 26, 2010, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

SORRY ! I havn't posted an update lately because of the personal issues I've been having.

But!

On the 14th I took this thing to a local AutoX in Winston-Salem. The track was a series of long sweepers. It was a neat track that some would consider "open" if they had a NA car....

Every corner - which was a long sweeper, as stated - if I rolled into the throttle moderately, I was suddenly drifting. And no, it wasn't from a lack of grip. The car just simply stepped out and kept it pushing!

Driving the thing daily - except for the rev's issue I cannot figure out - the car is just an absolute beast. I cannot drive this car normally. Even considering the MASSIVE personal issues in my life right now, the car still puts a smile on my face. (the only thing to have done so..)

I cannot suggest this thing enough on a 2.0L motor. It's just an absolute beast. And stock frame too - so you can get a sleeper look out of it.

p.s. ForceFed - let me know if you want me to swing out that way sometime.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Force-Fed tests the HKS 7460 Turbo