Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Force-Fed tests the HKS 7460 Turbo

Old Nov 26, 2010, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
wow very interesting.. this may serve as an alternative to hta green and bbk full etc... i wonder how much more it will cost
Old Nov 27, 2010, 05:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a TON of interest in this turbo and they dont cost as much as most would think
Old Nov 27, 2010, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

you mentioned its more reliable than a stock frame turbo - is that just because it's a bb or are there other factors in play as well?
Old Nov 27, 2010, 09:05 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by force-fed performance
there is a ton of interest in this turbo and they dont cost as much as most would think
turbo looks fun.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kyooch
you mentioned its more reliable than a stock frame turbo - is that just because it's a bb or are there other factors in play as well?

well the BB center section does have its obvious advantages over the other turbos. But the amount of time and R&D that is done by HKS on their parts is amazing. I think it was MFred or someone who posted detailed pics of this turbo compared to a CBRD and the differences were seen very easily. Not saying any of the other stock frame turbos are bad by any means but this is just another option that is one of the highest if not the highest on our list of best stock frame turbos to go with. Time will only tell if we start seeing them fail like some of the others.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Force-Fed Performance
well the BB center section does have its obvious advantages over the other turbos. But the amount of time and R&D that is done by HKS on their parts is amazing. I think it was MFred or someone who posted detailed pics of this turbo compared to a CBRD and the differences were seen very easily. Not saying any of the other stock frame turbos are bad by any means but this is just another option that is one of the highest if not the highest on our list of best stock frame turbos to go with. Time will only tell if we start seeing them fail like some of the others.
gotcha thanks for the info. definitely seems like something i would be interested in for autocross/trackdays. i'm looking at pure 93oct <30 lbs of boost, so this may be a good alternative instead of bbk full or hta green.. quicker spool/more power than those turbos? or too soon to tell?
Old Nov 27, 2010, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Plus, the fact that it comes with everything you need for installation, makes the already excellent price even more attractive.
HKS and GReddy/Trust have some of the best crafted parts, period.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 06:31 AM
Former Sponsor

gotcha thanks for the info. definitely seems like something i would be interested in for autocross/trackdays. i'm looking at pure 93oct <30 lbs of boost, so this may be a good alternative instead of bbk full or hta green.. quicker spool/more power than those turbos? or too soon to tell?

And for what you just said, i really dont think there is a better turbo out there. We are still having a sale on these units till monday afternoon also guys. Should be doing a test with these on a evox and a more realisticly modded evo with nothing but intake, exhaust, fuel pump, and MBC.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

And for what you just said, i really dont think there is a better turbo out there. We are still having a sale on these units till monday afternoon also guys. Should be doing a test with these on a evox and a more realisticly modded evo with nothing but intake, exhaust, fuel pump, and MBC.
would you be able to pm me the regular price and sale price please? unfortunately i JUST found out, literally days ago, that I need to get the transmission rebuilt so I'm not in the market anymore, but I am def still interested
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor

yes sir. on thw way
Old Nov 29, 2010, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

only a couple more hours on pricing for this turbo system
Old Nov 29, 2010, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

what would you suggest for supporting mods? which injectors, plugs, upgraded oil line?, porting stuff etc? does this turbo outflow the hta green?

thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2010, 04:09 PM
Former Sponsor

PM coming to ya
Old Nov 30, 2010, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what would you suggest for supporting mods? which injectors, plugs, upgraded oil line?, porting stuff etc? does this turbo outflow the hta green?

thanks!
I wanna know the answer to that question as well
Old Nov 30, 2010, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wally7714
I wanna know the answer to that question as well
Same here. From what I can surmise, non-stock cams are a must to get power out of this turbo. Not clear to me what else is needed aside from intake/TBE/MBC to get gains over 40 whp on pump.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Force-Fed tests the HKS 7460 Turbo