Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo X and Outlander Sport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2011, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X and Outlander Sport

I know you guys probably want to see threads here about Evos, and not wimpy Mitsubishi Outlander Sports, so I must apologize for posting this. But you see, I am on a mission, and I happen to own a 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.0l AWD. I would like to take on a project with this vehicle, to give it the horsepower it deserves, but right now I am in the dark, so to speak. Almost no one is currently producing parts labeled for the Outlander Sport. However, the vehicle contains the 4B11 engine, and I have been told the similarities between it and the Lancer do not end there. I suspect that there may already be a line of parts available for the Sport that were designed for the Lance/Evo, I just currently do not know what.

So, does anyone, possibly a Mitsubishi mechanic, know what areas on the 2011 Outlander Sport may be the same as those found on the Lancer/Evo? I am looking for any known part interchanges.

For instance, a few ideas I had were: brake systems, exhaust headers, ignition systems, suspension components, drivetrain components, and possibly air intakes.

It may be that nothing interchanges between the vehicles, but I need some help somewhere to confirm any of this.

Thanks for any help on this subject.

Doh, this was meant for the Evo X General forums. It's late here. Ehh

Last edited by Marshall5; Jan 15, 2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own an EVO MR with the 4b11-T and my wife and I just picked up a 2011 Outlander sport SE AWD. I can tell you it handles great and while it gets the job done (and with 29 mpg with 4wd!) it also has a TON of room in the engine bay. Have you bought one? Good luck with the build!
Old Jul 20, 2013, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You need to go to the OUTLANDER SPORT section, I have an O.S. as well and have already bought the Ralliart Snorkel for the lancer Ralliart and with a bit of trimming it works great, I also have bought the Greddy Ram air intake and heat shield for the lancer model, and it is a perfect fit even with the rally art snorkel. I am running the RRM 4-1 header for the lancer as well, the header is a direct bolt on, but you can NOT use the mid pipe because one of the bolts is block by the trans. case. I solved that with a $40.00 2.5" t304 stainless 4" long flex pipe. I am running a set of 2.5" magna flow mufflers and 2.5" Magna flow cat. as well. I have a RRM pulley that is direct bolt on and a AEM wide ban O2 sensor I am about to install, before I can get a go tune on it. The EVOX MR version ONLY lowering springs seem to work for people. Megan has the extremist lowing at 1.5" front and 2" rear and you can get them for around $135.00 shipped, but they are currently on back order for 6 weeks according to the company.
Hope this help you in some way, we are a pretty tight group on that thread if you want to jump in!
Everyone is awesome about sharing do's and don'ts to make it easier on the rest for all of use as far as trial and error goes.
Oh and as far as brakes go I have seen the bigger outlanders do spindle swaps from ebay for about 80.00 so the stock Brembo Calipers will bolt on directly, and you can pick up a set of stock Brembo calipers from ebay for about 250.00 for fronts, or 450.00 for all 4.

I sold my EVO 9 MR a while back so this baby mobile has become my tinkering toy for now!