Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Carbonetics Pro Blade clutch- Mini review

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did the disc look like when you took it apart?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:12 PM

I saw alot of great and interesting reviews and I'd like to share mines as well.

I had this clutch installed last Saturday. This is the latest version of the clutch.

Right now im doing the break in period. so far i have noticed smoother shifting. the pedal is a little bit stiffer than stock. the clutch engagement point is very low. when I left off on the clutch a little bit, the car already starts moving. im not sure if its how its suppose to function this way. I was so used to the stock one with the high catching point. I didn't notice any chatter yet. I use my car for daily driving 90% of the time. my car is running 307whp and 304tq at 25psi. Im hoping this clutch will last me twice as long than my stock clutch.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
GL with the clutch, please report back your experiences from time to time.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Sainax, how much did the latest version cost. Any updates?

Last edited by evolutong; Jul 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's not the Blade, but I have the Carbo Twin with the push conversion, I track my car mercilessly and that clutch is flawless. 15 Track weekends on it including some TT competition, nothing but good things to say about it.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 04:02 PM

Is there any 2200 kg version for the carbonetics blade? with the QM Hydraulic TOB I would give it a try as it will be very soft on the pedal it may hold 10 sec pass when warmed well
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:04 AM
Evolving Member

just get the twin blade, holds 1000hp and drives like stock.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:20 AM

I talked to carbonectis usa and they say the Twin blade will be out soon, so how come Burnzy already has strong opinion regarding it?

Carbonetics prices went up 45% due to carbon higher prices, shipping and import duty taxes, so the twin blade will be a lot cheaper than the std twin carbon full face discs,
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
the twin blade clutch will be nice addition to their line-up. the discs do not have springs so it should shift good. there will be decell noise. disc noise wont be too bad. the pressure plate is strapped so only discs and single floater will make noise. still a pull design so drivability should be fantastic. should be priced around 1500.
be interested to see if it holds up to drag use.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Because I import carbonetics to Australia .there actually is 0 decel noise awd and very light disengagement noise which isn't even always there. I have launched it multiple times and its the best launching clutch I've used. Second gear clutch dumps aren't a problem either. Pedal pressure is like exedy hd and the way it drives is like organic but takes much more abuse. Here they sell for $2200 aud. could not recommend this clutch enough, it's been everything I hoped and more, only thing left to test is longevity but going by how long my exedy twin lasted with full throttle slips to redline while heating up this one should last a long time as it never slips even when cold. Setup is 32psi 2.4l fp black on e85. It held all my power on the rivets alone before it was even run in

Last edited by burnzy; Jan 4, 2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Looks like the twin blade utilizes stock diameter disks. Should be good for holding power, but it seems like two blade disks would the same or greater MOI of a single organic disk.

Last edited by mrfred; Jan 5, 2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

it does seem to hold power really well but at the same time when shifting quick has that little bit of slip to prevent shocking the drivetrain.
as for the MOI thing, i've installed 2, one from 6 puck competition and one from exedy HD organic, both cars shift alot better now.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I am not buying there is no decell noise. solid center discs always allow harmonics to pass into the driveshaft
Old Jan 5, 2013, 07:36 PM

Bunzy seems to love this twin a lot, but still seems to be a little weak as it uses the stock pull system wich is likely to have a TOB clip failure with much more torque and higher RPMS shifts for a 9 sec street evo..,
Old Jan 7, 2013, 02:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
I am not buying there is no decell noise. solid center discs always allow harmonics to pass into the driveshaft
I usually respect your posts as you know what you're taking about however I don't care about the physics of it or whatever in real life there is 0 decel noise that can be heard in cabin. I'm the one who has the clutch and have driven it, I understand you've had alot of experience but don't be so up yourself as to think you know it all when you haven't even driven this clutch. If there was decel noise I'd say there was but there isn't. My old exedy twin carbon did this one doesnt, maybe because the flywheel is quite heavy and the discs are stuck to the hub rather than driven by a seperate hub as on the exedy. Your theory may apply to metal clutches but carbon may be better at absorbing the noise , I don't know why it doesn't do it but it doesn't. If you still insist I can take a video

The tob I was a bit worried about too but it seems the carbonetics throwout has a deeper groove for the locking ring but to be sure I've ordered a clutch stopper

Quick Reply: Carbonetics Pro Blade clutch- Mini review