Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Synapse Recirc Blow Off Valve

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Synapse Recirc Blow Off Valve

I have been searching everywhere for a answer to my question cant find anything so i am making a thread. If i dont run my recirc bov back into the intake what problem will i have if any? it is a synapse SB001A.KIT0. I have done some reading and it says By design, it is a pull-type valve only. This means that boost pressure keeps it closed, meaning no boost leaks upwards of 100+ psi of boost. It operates in a normally open condition. This means that it is designed to remain open under vacuum conditions. But when i put my hand where the recirc hose goes on it at engine idle it felt like it was pushing a little air out. could be a leak idk. thanks for all help in advanced.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some people encounter hesitation , stalling , and rich shifts.

My own personal experience with a hks ssq was NO ill effects minus a little rich in between shifts which it does normally.

But you said it remain OPEN during idle which will definitely give you problems. The maf has has already measured the air coming in so you will not idle properly or at all, unless you are tuned on a map sensor.

Edit I haven't read anything about people having problems with them yet. Maybe someone with experience can chime in.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want to go VTA you need to price out the option of going to SD instead of the MAF for the reasons listed above.

Expect fouled plugs and the front O2 being plugged with carbon otherwise. Runs way too rich.