Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

CBRD double thick, half width Radiator-

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chad! Love the new radiator! We are now figuring out all of the Wiggins/XRP hose and fittings we need. The only issue seems to be how Wiggins and XRP refuse to make the damn SS versions of the weld-on ferrules they claim to make. Looks like we are just going to have to fab up an aluminum water pipe since the OEM one is SS. That way we can use the aluminum weld-on ferrule on it. Oh well! The quality of your work is awesome Chad and we can't wait to bring you the NSX soon for the CBRD treatment!
Old May 4, 2011, 12:57 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RunThat
Chad! Love the new radiator! We are now figuring out all of the Wiggins/XRP hose and fittings we need. The only issue seems to be how Wiggins and XRP refuse to make the damn SS versions of the weld-on ferrules they claim to make. Looks like we are just going to have to fab up an aluminum water pipe since the OEM one is SS. That way we can use the aluminum weld-on ferrule on it. Oh well! The quality of your work is awesome Chad and we can't wait to bring you the NSX soon for the CBRD treatment!
No problem-

the other thing you could do is throw a piece of stainless pipe on a lathe and machine one yourselves!

cb

Old May 4, 2011, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
No problem-

the other thing you could do is throw a piece of stainless pipe on a lathe and machine one yourselves!

cb

Yes, or as Adam@MAP pointed out, we can just ditch the water pipe entirely and weld the XRP/Wiggins ferrule directly to the water pump, which is probably what we will end up doing.
Old May 4, 2011, 02:45 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RunThat
Yes, or as Adam@MAP pointed out, we can just ditch the water pipe entirely and weld the XRP/Wiggins ferrule directly to the water pump, which is probably what we will end up doing.
yep, just be careful you dont warp the housing, and you will lose a water supply hose to the turbo from that pipe!

cb
Old May 4, 2011, 02:52 PM

Great fab work!
Old May 4, 2011, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

yep, just be careful you dont warp the housing, and you will lose a water supply hose to the turbo from that pipe!

cb

Ah yes! Forgot about the turbo water feed. Good looking out on that Chad! I guess we shall just fab up an entire new aluminum water pipe then. Or find a different feed for the turbo water feed line.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry to bring this back from the grave, but does anyone know how to get one of these? Pm'd CB and no answer....
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:46 AM
Account Disabled

will respond shortly
Old Dec 4, 2013, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Any chance that will work for an HPDE?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Migsubishi
Sorry to bring this back from the grave, but does anyone know how to get one of these? Pm'd CB and no answer....
CBRD has something in the works right now, a dual pass-slightly thicker than the last the last I heard from them. Shouldn't be much longer.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ch53avitech
CBRD has something in the works right now, a dual pass-slightly thicker than the last the last I heard from them. Shouldn't be much longer.
Sounds good, just wish he would give me a shout back to let me know I have a place in this next production of them. I would like to get a definite price on what it would be as I don't need the XRP/Wiggins clamshell connectors. Just the rest.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 07:39 AM
Account Disabled

it has caused us some issues- as we have changed core suppliers-

so im still working on this- we can really do anything we need- this is just a specific application- not having a shroud will reduce the cost a bit too-

cb
Old Dec 5, 2013, 07:40 AM
Account Disabled

what overall width are you guys looking for? and what is maximum core thickness you can fit? not counting the fan?

cb
Old Dec 5, 2013, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

what overall width are you guys looking for? and what is maximum core thickness you can fit? not counting the fan?

cb
5.5 is fine for me, I have room up to 7inch total. Based on your experience whatever you think is best in bumper to bumper traffic in 97* weather with 86% Humidity.

I will go with what you chose to withstand that. I would also like to keep the shroud and fan combination, just use normal upper and lower radiator hoses.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 09:07 AM
Account Disabled

you will want to run a temp triggered direct fan setup- so its not using the factory controller- youll get more CFM-

cb

Quick Reply: CBRD double thick, half width Radiator-