Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Supertech dual valve spring users, please answer some questions.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supertech dual valve spring users, please answer some questions.

I just got my head back from the machine shop a few days ago, where i had supertech dual valve springs installed, to run with HKS 280's. Now that it's to the point of timing the engine, I am curious how hard it will be to hand crank the motor to double check that timing is set correctly? How much of a fight do those supertech duals put up? Anything you can easily compare it to or use as an example of expected tension? My concern is, once i start to crank, if i feel hesitation, is it interference or just those strong springs?

yes i will be doing it with the plugs out.

I know there was a big difference in my wrx with brain crower singles that made getting the cam to its set place a tad more interesting and those only had a seat pressure of 60 lbs where as my supertech duals have a seat pressure of 96 lbs. All speedy informative responses will be greatly appreciated guys/gals. Hoping to finally have everything buttoned up and get to go enjoy the 6262 setup after tuning! Thanks for the help!!!!

Last edited by devildevil; Jul 13, 2011 at 07:31 AM.