Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evolution Evolved- English Racing presents the USDM Auto Evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
Are you guys going to offer paddle shifter option as well?
Correct, I said sequential which is normally thought of like sportronic but it will also be paddle shifter compatible. I am thinking of something like the PCSkit here-

I think this is the same one that got posted in Dave's thread.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaron,

You have me on the fence here. Now I have to decide if I'm going to get beefier trans components to mate up to the 2.4 you all are building me or to wait on this... Decisions...

Wes

It's looking good btw.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

I can't wait until this is a bulletproof setup. The consistency of the auto will make racing so much more fun.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:30 AM

Nvm

Last edited by Mervin; Mar 19, 2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Dyno sheets look freaking awesome! I wish you guys would have made it to the track.

The shift knobs look great too, are you going to anodize them black or just raw silver? If it's an option I'll take some in black.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

I am sure I can get someone to anodize them. I am upping the order to 20 and then checking on lead time with my guy.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Just to make sure, the overall height of the knobs you are making are the same or shorter than the stock 5 speed right? If the are taller it won't work for "me". From the picture I think it's what I want.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

I need to locate the dimension sheet but they should be the same as stock.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think i've about had it with re-building clutches and trannies.........hopefully the bugs get worked out soon enough for the masses to reap the benefits in the next couple months between you guys and DB.

Can't wait to hear how the track testing goes on Aaron's Evo!

My wallet is ready when you guys are lol
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
I think i've about had it with re-building clutches and trannies.........hopefully the bugs get worked out soon enough for the masses to reap the benefits in the next couple months between you guys and DB.

Can't wait to hear how the track testing goes on Aaron's Evo!

My wallet is ready when you guys are lol
Well its pretty close. Ordered the last of my plumbing supplies this morning. Tough wanting to work on my car some days when I have done the same thing all day long

Upgraded shafts are in the process of getting measured/machined and the company knows they are 100% priority MUST BE FINISHED stat.

Aaron
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
same here patrick. my old problem is i am stupid and cant understand some things. i still am blinded to if the car will be quicker/faster on the street VS the 5 speed with stock FD. i know Aaron has explained it to me but i am just a dumb dumb. i do more driving on the street then the track and want a faster quicker car then taking a step backwards but gaining a hole bunch at the track. i love that these guys are doing this and are having them beefed up greatly to make it work. that is a great thing for the future
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Well its pretty close. Ordered the last of my plumbing supplies this morning. Tough wanting to work on my car some days when I have done the same thing all day long

Upgraded shafts are in the process of getting measured/machined and the company knows they are 100% priority MUST BE FINISHED stat.

Aaron
No worries i still need to get my motor back together once it gets back from the machine shop whenever the new slugs come in so i got some time.

With my 3 month old i've learned to be much more patient since he takes up 99% of my time now anyway

I'm just hoping that the timing works out nicely so that i don't get the itch to throw the 5spd back in to make some passes before the auto can be swapped in and tortured

Originally Posted by evodan2004
same here patrick. my old problem is i am stupid and cant understand some things. i still am blinded to if the car will be quicker/faster on the street VS the 5 speed with stock FD. i know Aaron has explained it to me but i am just a dumb dumb. i do more driving on the street then the track and want a faster quicker car then taking a step backwards but gaining a hole bunch at the track. i love that these guys are doing this and are having them beefed up greatly to make it work. that is a great thing for the future
Don't beat yourself up too much Dan!

I know it's a tough decision but for me the car sees less and less street action so i can accept any sacrifices that come with the auto even if it means needing to spray it to spool up the turbo but hopefully with my little ole 67mm it won't need it but we'll find out.

The way i see it i'm actually hoping it makes the car a bit more street friendly in terms of not having to drive around w/ a smaller lighter weight clutch set-up that is on the harsh side and that needs to be slipped to drive smoothly meaning more frequent re-builds

I'm sure i could sell my re-build trans, step tc, and clutch to help pay for the auto set-up.....hopefully there is still market for those pieces still
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
No worries i still need to get my motor back together once it gets back from the machine shop whenever the new slugs come in so i got some time.

With my 3 month old i've learned to be much more patient since he takes up 99% of my time now anyway

I'm just hoping that the timing works out nicely so that i don't get the itch to throw the 5spd back in to make some passes before the auto can be swapped in and tortured

Don't beat yourself up too much Dan!

I know it's a tough decision but for me the car sees less and less street action so i can accept any sacrifices that come with the auto even if it means needing to spray it to spool up the turbo but hopefully with my little ole 67mm it won't need it but we'll find out.

The way i see it i'm actually hoping it makes the car a bit more street friendly in terms of not having to drive around w/ a smaller lighter weight clutch set-up that is on the harsh side and that needs to be slipped to drive smoothly meaning more frequent re-builds

I'm sure i could sell my re-build trans, step tc, and clutch to help pay for the auto set-up.....hopefully there is still market for those pieces still
i agree. for you being more of the drag racer the auto is perfect. for me though if it makes the car quicker/faster then it was on the 5 speed then im 100% buying it. i play around with my buddies so i dont want to loss any lengths i have haha.

Aaron. have you guys considered the REM ot shoot peening treatments of the gears and parts? is that a possibility and will it help at all?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

We have considered and will explore, REM/Cryo and possibly shotpeening. Everything is getting done in 300M that we really feel needs to be. The problem is it will be through one hurdle and up to the next. Its all how fast you wanna jump on the bandwagon to me. I wont sell something thats not ready or flat doesnt work, but at the same time if its close (99%) I wouldnt stop someone if they really HAD to have it.

Dan,

I made a chart-

So when you look at it remember one very simple thing. On the shift it falls to peak torque normally. So if it says 4200 we have seen Andrew's car actually sit at 5600. If you do a 40 roll what gear are you in and how many shifts do you make on the way to 140?

This is 1 shift, the 2-3 and that is it. Andrew talked about a 60-150 in his dyno thread AND KEPT IT IN 3RD the whole time.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/10049485-post33.html
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:48 PM

Ready for some track results from this weekend!

-Bryant

Quick Reply: Evolution Evolved- English Racing presents the USDM Auto Evo