Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACDtuning track review

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
ACDtuning track review

Ok so im an avid track guy and as so am always looking for ways to go faster,i read a lot of the evom stuff for acd tuning and remapping and thought well if its good enough for the fastest time attack evo in the country then its good enough for me (sierra sierra,and yes i know they run pectel)
I decided to go the ACDtuning route based on the fact my friend tried a direct lap to lap comparison with the gruppe s remap and wasnt impressed
Ok first of all i contacted Matthew Manke also known as lan_evo_mr9,i have to say first of all that dealing with this guy was a pleasure,Matt is on the ball and responds to emails very quickly,if his product is as good as his customer service then i knew i'd be very happy,i sent him some cash and my acd unit and the turnaround was very quick with my acd unit packged better than i sent it,he also gave me a hookup based on the fact i sent him cash ,couple other maps
Alright so onto the product itself,lets keep in mind that my car is a very modified track only vehicle with extensive suspension mods,brief mod list
Dms 50mm coilovers
Whiteline front swaybar
Progress rear 25mm swaybar
Cusco spherical bushings,rear trailing arm,rear upper control arm,fr LCA
3.2 fr 1.8 rr 0 toe 275 40 17 nt01
TRE max lock rear diff
First time i drove with the remapped unit i noticed how much more composed the car felt,i like my setup on the oversteer side of things but there is a happy medium where you get too much of that and you just become slow
At corner entry the car turns in beautifully and with maintenance throttle will stay exactly where you want it,power oversteer is still available thanks to the TRE diff but seems more controlled,this is definitely a worthwhile mod with the TRE diff as they seem to go hand in hand
As most evo guys know the car will understeer at the very limit and the driver has to use big movements of the wheel to get the car to do what you want,for me that is gone with the acd remap,i can be at the limit and still get the car to do what i want,it really made a difference to me i thought under braking,i dont know the technical explanation for it but my car used to move around a lot under braking moving heavily from side to side which i became used to but that is gone too to my surprise,much better for trailing into a corner
I'd like to give a more extensive review of the ACDtuning remap but i had some other issues going on with the car that curtailed my ability to test it to the full but ill elaborate on this review later on as the season progresses
I would say this is a great mod for any evo but especially evos that see track duty,an absolute must

Last edited by flyingscot; Mar 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool review, thanks for posting!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackenedwings
Cool review, thanks for posting!
no problem!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:58 PM
sba
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by flyingscot
no problem!
Hello flyingscot.

Because i'm the guy behind the tuning of this ACD ECUs and in fact, that are my files, i can explain you better why you felt this and that.

You are indeed a very good driver which knows his car very well and you found 80% of the features incorporated in my tune.

The entry and the exit is what everyone observ. But you observed the braking feature, which uses the braking force from the massive front brakes throw the diffs to the rear wheels. This way the braking forces are shared to the wheels the way that every wheel need. And the mechanical diffs share this braking force for the grip of every wheel.

The medium that you say is a part of the oversteering exit feature, but you have a different camber/caster toe in/out setting of the suspension and your car goes to that point earlier that other cars. You can kill that from the geometry or i can make a file for that issue.

And the feeling of the car more compact is because there are no more open diffs in that car.

Anything you need to know, please ask.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sba
Hello flyingscot.

Because i'm the guy behind the tuning of this ACD ECUs and in fact, that are my files, i can explain you better why you felt this and that.

You are indeed a very good driver which knows his car very well and you found 80% of the features incorporated in my tune.

The entry and the exit is what everyone observ. But you observed the braking feature, which uses the braking force from the massive front brakes throw the diffs to the rear wheels. This way the braking forces are shared to the wheels the way that every wheel need. And the mechanical diffs share this braking force for the grip of every wheel.

The medium that you say is a part of the oversteering exit feature, but you have a different camber/caster toe in/out setting of the suspension and your car goes to that point earlier that other cars. You can kill that from the geometry or i can make a file for that issue.

And the feeling of the car more compact is because there are no more open diffs in that car.

thats very interesting about the braking,i know i can shave more time just from the braking alone because it has given me more confidence in the stability under braking,im still braking way short of where i need to because in the past i would have to kind of wait on the car stabilizing before corner entry and you get used to that so im kinda relearning things again,i havnt spent a lot of time in my car over the last couple years because of other issues but im realy enjoying it right now
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sba
Hello flyingscot.

Hey!
I am very interested in ACD remap...
Is this based on stock ACD?
How long it takes? How much it costs???
Can you please explain a bit more or PM?
Thx
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by Vigman
Hey!
Thx
look at sig
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Were your lap times any faster?

I remember claims of knocking several seconds off a lap off with this mod (pretty big claims), but have yet to see any real proof to back it up. I know of a couple people in my area 'testing' this out, I am curious to see their results.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Scott,

Do you have a build thread?

-Acree
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Vigman
Hey!
Thx
yes stock acd
all you got to do is get a hold of Matt,his username on evom is in my original post,pm him and he'll get back to you right away,the base price for one map is $300,ill let him elaborate on the other maps,you can also check out their site here
http://www.acd-tuning.com/

Last edited by flyingscot; Mar 16, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Acree
Scott,

Do you have a build thread?

-Acree
i do not,you got a question?
from your sig it looks like your car is more modified than mine,a lot more power
i make 475 @25psi on e85

Last edited by flyingscot; Mar 16, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost

I remember claims of knocking several seconds off a lap off with this mod (pretty big claims), but have yet to see any real proof to back it up. I know of a couple people in my area 'testing' this out, I am curious to see their results.
thats difficult to say because i had a few other mechanical issues going on at this event but i believe it did make me faster like i mentioned before just from the braking standpoint,it felt like to me that the car took a set quicker too so that is never a bad thing
Ive been driving for a number of years and slowly getting back into the road racing,i personally feel that if there is a mod out there that claims to knock time off then im not going to pass it up especially for $300
i'll be heading to willow springs on the 24th so ill add more info for you guys
i'd like to add also that im not a sponsored guy,i paid cashola for my remap,i just enquired and went from there

Last edited by flyingscot; Mar 16, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost

The results vary from car to car. The more heavily modified the car, the less time is knocked off. But time is knocked off never the less. On a super spec'd out class car, expect about a half a second or so. On a car that's not built to the max, more time will shed. It's all relative
Nathan dropped .7 of a second using the modded mapping at Road Atlanta.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9
The results vary from car to car. The more heavily modified the car, the less time is knocked off. But time is knocked off never the less. On a super spec'd out class car, expect about a half a second or so. On a car that's not built to the max, more time will shed. It's all relative
Nathan dropped .7 of a second using the modded mapping at Road Atlanta.
thats worth the price of admission right there
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by flyingscot
yes stock acd
all you got to do is get a hold of Matt,his username on evom is in my original post,pm him and he'll get back to you right away,the base price for one map is $300,ill let him elaborate on the other maps,you can also check out their site here
http://www.acd-tuning.com/
Thank you.
Cheers!

Quick Reply: ACDtuning track review