Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ets upper intercooler piping not fitting right

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2012, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ets upper intercooler piping not fitting right

ok guys im having issues with my ets upper intercooler piping. its just not lining up right for me i have to force the pipes into the couplers and the r under so much tension as soo. As boost kicks in the blow right out. And finally when i rig them a certain way where it holds boost and there arent any leaks its entirely in the way of my aem intake. Is the ets piping only compatable with the ets intake? Im losing my mind trying to get this piping right iy shouldnt be thos difficult. My transfer case gave me less of a hard time than these pipes. Ill snap some pics so u guys can see what im taking about
Old Sep 2, 2012, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 89turbosupra
ok guys im having issues with my ets upper intercooler piping. its just not lining up right for me i have to force the pipes into the couplers and the r under so much tension as soo. As boost kicks in the blow right out. And finally when i rig them a certain way where it holds boost and there arent any leaks its entirely in the way of my aem intake. Is the ets piping only compatable with the ets intake? Im losing my mind trying to get this piping right iy shouldnt be thos difficult. My transfer case gave me less of a hard time than these pipes. Ill snap some pics so u guys can see what im taking about
you just have to turn them in the correct direction.. but they fit, unless you have the wrong ones, if you need help i could look for pics of mine
Old Sep 2, 2012, 06:38 PM

Im sure they r turned the right way they just dont seem to line up right. I modified my aem intake so that it fits without interfence with the pipes but im still not satisfied with the overall fit of the piping. And im almost certain there might be a small leak still coming from them. Some pictures would be great if u can.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

I had the same problem with the ets uicp going the short route.
I took off my wide intercooler and tried the stock one and it fit really well. Needless to say i put back my widey and used a hump connector to connect the 2 pipes and had no problems.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Im sure they r turned the right way they just dont seem to line up right. I modified my aem intake so that it fits without interfence with the pipes but im still not satisfied with the overall fit of the piping. And im almost certain there might be a small leak still coming from them. Some pictures would be great if u can.
completely diff intake setup, but ive had this kit throughout the changes in my intake and bov setups
Attached Thumbnails ets upper intercooler piping not fitting right-imag0654.jpg   ets upper intercooler piping not fitting right-imag0653-1-.jpg  
Old Sep 3, 2012, 08:28 AM

Yup mines is almost the same. I had to fiddle the the pipe coming off the intercooler going up to the intake in order to get the pipe close. Its a really close fit with the intake.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 08:53 AM

Old Sep 3, 2012, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

looks like you could rotate that maf downwards more to get it away from the upper pipe, i wish i had pics from my maf intake setup
Old Sep 3, 2012, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmcmill3
looks like you could rotate that maf downwards more to get it away from the upper pipe, i wish i had pics from my maf intake setup
+1 on the rotating the maf, loose up that clamp and spin your intake counter clock wise.
Also if they keep popping off spray some hairspray on the ends of both lips on the pipes. Will give ya a little more grip lo. No joke.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:55 AM

Thats exactly what i did. I had to trim a mounting bracket on the intake in order to rotate the maf sensor without it contacting anything. The hairspary trick is a good one! I used it before ill have to break it out again if anything
Old Sep 3, 2012, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Thats exactly what i did. I had to trim a mounting bracket on the intake in order to rotate the maf sensor without it contacting anything. The hairspary trick is a good one! I used it before ill have to break it out again if anything
glad i could offer some assistance
Old Sep 3, 2012, 03:48 PM

Hmm, just bought the ETS Upper Intercooler Pipe. I don't like having to force connections together.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by EdSales
Hmm, just bought the ETS Upper Intercooler Pipe. I don't like having to force connections together.
Its a bit of a pain but its not really a bad install by any means. I just expected it to line up alot more seamlessly than it did. However so far so good. Doesnt seem to be leaking from any of the piping at all. However i am leaking from my injector o ring seals. But thats a whole other story. Lol
Old Sep 4, 2012, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
ets upper intercooler piping not fitting right-ayjlhl.jpg

i ended up having to put an extra t-bolt clamp on my ETS UICP because it rubbed on the intake bracket and was going to wear through the powedercoat quick if it didn't have protection