Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch Fork Rod Help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Fork Rod Help

Im doing a Comp Stge 4 install, and this is the worst install I've ever come across.

I am trying to remove the clutch fork and the rod/dowel that goes thru it that usually slides out but it does not want to come out. I can hammer it downwards but cannot bring it up to pull thru the freeze plug. Do you guys have any suggestions or tips to pull it out of there?

Last edited by Xtsy; Jun 15, 2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 07:54 AM

anyone has any ideas?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 03:41 AM
Evolving Member

I had the exact same problem last night, ended up hitting rod down to, lowest point then cutting it with a dremel and cutoff wheel. It took a while but it worked. Stm sells the rod for 27 bucks. Just make sure you clean the spot for the rod with sandpaper or something because the likely issue is a chewed up spot for the rod
Old Jul 11, 2013, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jsiebert
I had the exact same problem last night, ended up hitting rod down to, lowest point then cutting it with a dremel and cutoff wheel. It took a while but it worked. Stm sells the rod for 27 bucks. Just make sure you clean the spot for the rod with sandpaper or something because the likely issue is a chewed up spot for the rod
I was contemplating doing that as well but when i contacted the dealer they gave me a price of $100+ for the rod. I ended up also hitting to the lowest spot and widening the upper slot and pushing it out from the bottom with a hammer and socket. Once it was out I smoothed the chewed spots on the rod and got it back in.
Biggest hassle ever