Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Radiator fan wiring question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Radiator fan wiring question

So my car came with a half-sized radiator and I am preparing to put a full sized one back in before the summer. I would like to run 2 fans because more cooling is almost always better than less and I have found a few threads where people have said that they are running the 2nd fan (passenger side pusher) of the ac condenser fan circuit. and I have found power on the white wire which should be the ac condenser fan low circuit. My question is do I just tap into that to run the 2nd fan on that or will it lose power if the coolant gets too hot and switch over to the high circuit, or can I just split the wiring off the fan control module and run both fans from there. The 2nd method makes sense to me so both fans kick on at the same time but I'm worried it'll create too much resistance and I'll blow a fuse or freak the ecu out in some way. O and I deleted the ac system if that helps determine anything.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Im intereted in possibly buying that halfsize rad off you I have a stock one ready for ya on my floor
Old Jan 28, 2014, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It all depends on what the power ratings on the fans you are going to be using are and what the circuits you are going to add then to can handle. Do you really need 2 fans?

And, I have a CBRD OEM replacement for sale if you are looking for a full size radiator that is more efficient than an OEM one.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the offer guys I'm just gonna pick up a brand new 456 mishimoto rad from STM to support them a little and gain the warrantee that comes on those. But Steven just send me a pm so I remember who u are haha and I'll have to test it first cuz I'm getting a little coolant spray but I can't tell if it's rad leaking or the hose and I wouldn't want to sale you a faulty part. That and just need to make sure you see my location cuz shipping from up here may be spendy, but other than that I see no reason I couldn't give you a good deal on the rad and just leave the fan attached for you. And let me just clarify I'm pretty sure it was the upper rad hose which was a piece of gates hose and I just replaced it yesterday so I'm just still monitoring the rad area to see if it's still leaking but the drive to class and back home today I didn't see any leaks.

Last edited by jason42003; Jan 28, 2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks, Jason!
I hope you enjoy.

--Zigg (Jeremy)