Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

2 questions here regarding EVO IX Exhausts:

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 questions here regarding EVO IX Exhausts:

Hi guys,

couple of questions;

1.) What is the best DUMP PIPE (AKA "O2 housing"?) for the EVO in terms of competitive with price and durability?

2.) Are all exhaust flanges compatible?
e.g if i was to say purchase a bolt-on APEXI N1 Cat-back exhaust. will it bolt onto a HKS Hi-Flow cat, and then will the cat bolt onto an Invidia front pipe or Dump pipe?
Or will it require an exhaust shop to customise/chop and change things?

if so I'm assuming buying a complete system; Dump + Downpipe + Hi flow cat + Cat back exhaust would be the easiest way?

The reason for asking question no#2 is that, the car i have currently has a stock system. The only thing it has been replaced with is the down pipe between the dump and cat.

Any help will me much appreciated.

thanks in advance
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
1. lots of people go with muse, but they're all about equal in terms of performance

2. all 2-bolts of the same size should be compatible with each other
Old Feb 28, 2014, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
In terms of price and performance the Muse 02 Dump is hard to beat. It looks beautiful, gives solid gains, and only costs 240 bucks shipped. The MAP 02 dump is equally as good but is costs a little bit more than than the Muse 02 dump. However MAP does offer product that is pretty cool, its called the Eliminator 02 dump downpipe. Its essentially a downpipe with the 02 housing built in to it. This is nice because its just one piece, not two. Then there are 02 dumps from companies like Toxicfab which are pretty pricey but are absolute works of art. In my opinion you should just get the MAP eliminator 02 dump downpipe and kill birds with one stone.

As far as compatibality goes most exhaust parts from different are compatible with each other. The only company I can think of off the top of my head that has special flanges that only work with their products is AMS. Most Evo 8/9 exhaust have two flanges where as AMS exhaust parts have 3.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by e_kobz
In terms of price and performance the Muse 02 Dump is hard to beat. It looks beautiful, gives solid gains, and only costs 240 bucks shipped. The MAP 02 dump is equally as good but is costs a little bit more than than the Muse 02 dump. However MAP does offer product that is pretty cool, its called the Eliminator 02 dump downpipe. Its essentially a downpipe with the 02 housing built in to it. This is nice because its just one piece, not two. Then there are 02 dumps from companies like Toxicfab which are pretty pricey but are absolute works of art. In my opinion you should just get the MAP eliminator 02 dump downpipe and kill birds with one stone.

As far as compatibality goes most exhaust parts from different are compatible with each other. The only company I can think of off the top of my head that has special flanges that only work with their products is AMS. Most Evo 8/9 exhaust have two flanges where as AMS exhaust parts have 3.
Muse dumps are stainless steel?

Muse is different to Amuse?.. (Just like 'WORK' & 'WORKS')

Normally, are gaskets supplied with the products like exhausts & Dumps?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wowzers
Muse dumps are stainless steel?

Muse is different to Amuse?.. (Just like 'WORK' & 'WORKS')

Normally, are gaskets supplied with the products like exhausts & Dumps?
Yes, Muse 02 dumps are stainless steel

Yes Muse and Amuse are very different

Depends, some companies come with gaskets and hardware and others do not. The Muse 02 dump does come with the turbo to 02 dump gasket
Old Mar 1, 2014, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, Muse 02 dumps are stainless steel

Yes Muse and Amuse are very different

Depends, some companies come with gaskets and hardware and others do not. The Muse 02 dump does come with the turbo to 0
2 dump gasket
Ive noticed Amuse exhausts are one of the most expensive on the market.

Muse aye….
Ill have a look.

i noticed pricing from the USA is very competitive in comparison to majority of the world. Where I'm from in AUST its a rip-off.

I really appreciate your help on this one champ
Old Mar 2, 2014, 02:54 AM
Evolved Member

Ive noticed Amuse exhausts are one of the most expensive on the market.

Muse aye….
Ill have a look.

i noticed pricing from the USA is very competitive in comparison to majority of the world. Where I'm from in AUST its a rip-off.

I really appreciate your help on this one champ
Yeah Amuse is very expensive. You will pay top dollar for one of their exhausts. I personally never would use one of their products but to each their own. I can think of a lot better things to spend $2,000 on than a titanium exhaust. Hell you can pick up a full titanium exhaust from ETS and Tomei for almost half that these days.

And my advice is just go with the Muse 02 dump. It's a simple, effective, no bs part that works well and is the least expensive 02 dump for the Evo 8/9.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah Amuse is very expensive. You will pay top dollar for one of their exhausts. I personally never would use one of their products but to each their own. I can think of a lot better things to spend $2,000 on than a titanium exhaust. Hell you can pick up a full titanium exhaust from ETS and Tomei for almost half that these days.

And my advice is just go with the Muse 02 dump. It's a simple, effective, no bs part that works well and is the least expensive 02 dump for the Evo 8/9.
Hi again,

yeah i really appreciate your help on this…

its put things in more of a perspective for me.

however, how about the brand INVIDIA?
i see them around …. but are they cheap-n-nasty?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Hi again,

yeah i really appreciate your help on this…

its put things in more of a perspective for me.

however, how about the brand INVIDIA?
i see them around …. but are they cheap-n-nasty?
I know they don't offer a 02 dump, only a recirculated 02 housing.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 02:52 AM
Evolving Member

I know they don't offer a 02 dump, only a recirculated 02 housing.
pardon me for sounding silly

but you've lost me there.

lol

i thought there were the same.

i remember a friend of mine mentioned something about, if i was to buy a Dump pipe… make sure its complete as some parts would be hard to fabricate…

well, care to explain?

Cheers
Old Mar 4, 2014, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

pardon me for sounding silly

but you've lost me there.

lol

i thought there were the same.

i remember a friend of mine mentioned something about, if i was to buy a Dump pipe… make sure its complete as some parts would be hard to fabricate…

well, care to explain?

Cheers
I'm not quite sure what your friend was trying to say but there are two types of 02 housings for the stock turbo, a 02 dump and a recirculated one.

This is a 02 dump

This is a recirculated 02 housing

The reason people like 02 dumps is because they help eliminate back pressure within the 02 housing. The end result is the turbo working more efficently thus making more power and torque. It is also a lot louder than a recirculated housing and really makes the Evo sounds mean as hell.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 07:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
However MAP does offer product that is pretty cool, its called the Eliminator 02 dump downpipe. Its essentially a downpipe with the 02 housing built in to it. This is nice because its just one piece, not two. Then there are 02 dumps from companies like Toxicfab which are pretty pricey but are absolute works of art. In my opinion you should just get the MAP eliminator 02 dump downpipe and kill birds with one stone.
Thanks for the referral! Here is a link to the product:

http://www.maperformance.com/map-sta...2e-ss-evo.html

wowzers, we just so happen to be the same company that you were referred to in your other thread as well My associate Mike is looking forward to working with you!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...any-ideas.html
Old Mar 4, 2014, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ChrisCarey
Thanks for the referral!
Anytime
Old Mar 4, 2014, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A 02 dump like the one he e kobz linked is similiar to a "screamer pipe" like off a external wastegate and is illegal is aus and will get you defected your best bet is to get a Megan stainless steel 02 housing and any 3" downpipe from that which will bolt up to our cat back.

The INvidia ones are great but make sure you buy the 02 housing and the downpipe as you have to use them together from memory as it doesn't use the donut gasket.

Shipping those items might be expensive so if not i'd recommend to you get a tomei dump pipe and a tomei 02 housing as there should be many of those over the ditch
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:08 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not quite sure what your friend was trying to say but there are two types of 02 housings for the stock turbo, a 02 dump and a recirculated one.

This is a 02 dump

This is a recirculated 02 housing

The reason people like 02 dumps is because they help eliminate back pressure within the 02 housing. The end result is the turbo working more efficently thus making more power and torque. It is also a lot louder than a recirculated housing and really makes the Evo sounds mean as hell.
hi Champ,

it appears that the recirculated ones are much more common?

hmm i might have to take a pic and show you what i require.

post in a sec

Quick Reply: 2 questions here regarding EVO IX Exhausts: