Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Turbo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo upgrade

Hey yous guys!

I own an 05' Evo, with about 99k miles, runs great. Has all the basic mods, full exhaust, i/c and piping, fuel upgrades, ect. and was tuned recently, the car made 342whp. My goal (for now) is about 450whp, pump gas, and it's daily driven. I need to make an additional 110hp to meet my goal. Obviously, this means it's time for turbo and cams. With this in mind, could some of you offer a few suggestions for turbo's that I can look into and consider, which would fit my requirements? Also need stock fitment as I do not have a tubular setup. I know of 1 or 2 that i've been eye balling, but would also like your guyses imputs.

Cheers!

Last edited by Stark_Tech; Jul 30, 2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Stark_Tech
Hey yous guys!

I own an 05' Evo, with about 99k miles, runs great. Has all the basic mods, full exhaust, i/c and piping, fuel upgrades, ect. and was tuned recently, the car made 342whp. My goal (for now) is about 450whp, pump gas, and it's daily driven. I need to make an additional 110hp to meet my goal. Obviously, this means it's time for turbo and cams. With this in mind, could some of you offer a few suggestions for turbo's that I can look into and consider, which would fit my requirements? Also need stock fitment as I do not have a tubular setup. I know of 1 or 2 that i've been eye balling, but would also like your guyses imputs.

Cheers!
The threads containing this exact same subject are infinite, endless, ongoing, and will never end. If you had taken 1 minute of your time to search you would've received the answer you are looking for without wasting as much energy as you did typing your question.

Having that said, FP Red would be the obvious choice.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 01:40 AM

I agree with Faisalm there are countless threads with the same power goal. As mentioned above look into the FP Red or maybe a CBRD BBK full with some gsc S2's. You're goal will easily be obtained if you get a map for E85.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 07:24 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if we can give any input or be of any assistance let me know!

cb
Old Jul 31, 2014, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Faisalm
The threads containing this exact same subject are infinite, endless, ongoing, and will never end. If you had taken 1 minute of your time to search you would've received the answer you are looking for without wasting as much energy as you did typing your question.

Having that said, FP Red would be the obvious choice.
Then why did you waste more energy replying to this thread? Lol

The red is actually what I was already looking at, was just wondering if there were any other options I wasn't aware of.

Thanks guys
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
a turbo from CBRD may be a better choice. his turbo designs make better power on pump gas than FP turbos. if you want to max out flow of a turbo on race fuel or e85 the FP turbos would be a better choice.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:29 AM

Before anything I'd say say start building up the clutch/tranny.you can get into the low 400-420 dynojet on e85,9 turbo,1100 and up injectors and 255 and up pump.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FP Red and GSC S2s
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know why people are suggesting E85 when he mentions it'll be a pump gas car...
Old Jul 31, 2014, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Faisalm
I don't know why people are suggesting E85 when he mentions it'll be a pump gas car...

I was thinking the same thing, people love E85 but unfortunately its almost impossible for some of us to get. But back to turbo, OP everyone is shooting you in the right direction either Red or BBK full and some GSC s2's, you can't go wrong with either turbo.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
FP Red and S2's
Old Jul 31, 2014, 03:51 PM

I like the idea of a BBK B ball bearing and S3's for a car that doesn't see high boost!

There was a D sport magazine cam test done (March 2014) where on the same car made 597 WHP on S3's vs 554 WHP on S2's at 21.5 pounds of boost… 43 WHP difference. The car was a built 2.0 with mild head work on e85.

BBK B should be more than enough of a turbo for 450 WHP and will out spool the red!

Also if you were to go with an FP Red may as well go for the FP black for a loss of only 200-300 of spool.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 08:56 PM

Thanks for the suggestions from everyone! Can't wait to sit down and figure out exactly how much this is going to hurt my pockets lol.Funny you should mention clutch, when I bought the car it came with a brand new clutch in it, which brand I do not know. The dealership that sold it to me also had 10 other Evos on the lot, and pretty much specialized in dealing with sports cars. They told me that typically if a car has so many miles on it since the previous owner replaced the clutch, they will go ahead and do it before they sell the car. I also found an old receipt in the car for a quartermaster clutch setup, so the previous owner DID at one time have a different than stock setup goin' on. Now, is the dealership telling the truth, did they really send me on my way with a brand new one? Who knows, I would be inclined to think not, like every other logical human being lol. What I do know is that whatever is in there has not given me one single problem, never slipped under power, and the dealer shot straight with me about every other aspect of the deal. As far as i'm concerned I have no reason to not believe what he told me, other than, IT'S A CAR SALESMAN...but I guess i'll never know until I go inside myself, or if I make the power upgrade and start experiencing slippage.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 09:02 PM

Btw, I'm pretty much decided on the BBK full ported. That's all I'll ever need for this car. I could have so many things for $1985...or I could have one sweet turbo!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stark_Tech
Btw, I'm pretty much decided on the BBK full ported. That's all I'll ever need for this car. I could have so many things for $1985...or I could have one sweet turbo!
Excellent choice, you shall not be disappointed.

Quick Reply: Turbo upgrade