Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Looks like oil in the coolant... [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2004, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by EvoBob82
I went to see if I could make a deal with the dealership to sell it back for an Endevor or something and they only wanna give me $22k and the buy out is $26k... I'm &ucked so bad right now... I wanna get rid of this car so bad now... I don't trust Mitsu to fix this head gasket at all
Calm down man, headgasket is not a difficult job for a experienced mechanic. Actually you might take this time to go with ARP headstuds and help avoid head gasket problems again. Since this happened from heat, you might have a warped head or in a really bad case a warped block, so tell them to check both surfaces to be perfectly straight. If not they need to polish the surface to be perfectly straight.

Also, I doubt the water wetter had anything to do with it.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks man!! Thanks! I was worried they could not handle the job... I will let them know about sending the head out to get checked! The thing is... The car never over heated, the oil color didn't change and I didn't see oil residue in my over flow tank... It was pressure tested and it held super high pressure. The car also drove completely regular.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
running water wetter should be only in temps above freezing, unless your just mixing it with just coolant. If you mixing with mainly water, just think about where the coolant is in your motor and when it freezes it will expand and block coolant passages, not a good thing.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead but I have the exact same problem with water wetter. One day I saw traces of brown spots which seemed like oil but had no other traces of a head gasket going bad. I didn't do a complete flush of the coolant but only drained and refilled, which is about a gallon of coolant. For those of you who had water wetter break down into traces of oil , was it brown spots of oil or different color?

For those interested, heres my thread trying to diagnose the issue.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...90#post3639890

Last edited by rcheung; Nov 5, 2006 at 05:03 PM.