Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

SS clutch line and restrictor delete

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SS clutch line and restrictor delete

I plan on installing a SS clutch line but am unsure about the restrictor delete since i daily drive the car. For those of you that have done the restrictor delete how much does it effect clutch feel? do you recommend doing that modification?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do it. I love mine for daily driving. One of my favorite mods.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 02:10 PM

I did it to mine. Took a bit to get used to but now I love it. Clutch grabs same spot every time and instantly.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
I'd say it depends how you drive your car and how competent of a stick shift driver you are in the first place. I removed mine years ago and at first really didnt notice that much of a difference. However I was never one to merely drop the clutch while starting but rather give it a quick slip and go. If you are more jerky with your clutch operation you will notice it instantly as the restrictor gives you that cushion such that you can get away with it but without the clutch is going to suddenly grab.

I drove my buddies evo a few weeks back and he still has the restrictor and while I didn't notice much of a difference from mine (no restrictor & full SS line) upon taking off it was really apparent while trying to shift quickly.

After driving both I strongly recommend removing the restrictor however I would like to caution you. Remember the restrictor is a fail safe and helps reduce drivetrain shock so if you arent careful you will cause accelerated wear on the clutch as well as potentially damage your tcase trans diff etc
Old Dec 4, 2014, 08:55 AM

thanks for all the input. I really wish I could get behind one that already has it done just to see if I like it. I can always reinstall the restrictor if I want to correct?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 02:41 PM

I'd suggest you to do it! I really don't notice a difference but whenever I do drop the clutch pretty fast it grabs really smoothly allowing me to quickly shift. I'm planning to install a new clutch and drop in some new shifter/under the hood bushings to get the whole new racecar feel haha. Also, replacing fluids can make a huge difference too!