Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo8 won't idle when cold

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2016, 03:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Boombox
I bought 3
They all did the same thing. The car idles at 2500rpm with all 3. The biss screw is all the way down.

Every time I shut it off and immediately start it up the idle goes down. It went down to 1200 and raised up to 1500

I'm at a loss

I'll edit this post as it changes

Update: the idle came down and I set it in evoscan. It's idling nice again. I'll see what happens after I let it cool down overnight. Fingers crossed

Update: the car still doesn't cold start idle well

Ok, I want you to, remove the blow off valve and block the pipe so that no air is leaking out. Observe if idle changes. Then take the maf off and clean it a bit, even if it looks clean and check all its wiring. I have a few more suggestions, try this first and we'll go from there, as this is an elimination process.

Marios
Old Jan 19, 2016, 09:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I forgot to mention that I did clean the maf when this problem first came up. It was extremely dirty. I cleaned it again today for good measure. I checked the maf wiring and connections and they looke good. I took the blowoff valve off and blocked the pipe. It didn't change idle.

Is it possible my egr is stuck open? Although my car did hold boost during the boost leak test
Old Jan 23, 2016, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Usually if the egr valve is stuck open on a MAF engine it should reflect in you fuel trim, lean add fuel. Plus the car wouldn't idle at all. The values in Evoscan are generic or OEM?