Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Acd issues...any help is appreciated

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acd issues...any help is appreciated

So I've had the dreaded 3 light issue going on with my evo viii since I bought my car in June. After searching this fourm for hours I got a bunch of knowledge and tried everything.

I started with bleeding the pump, and checking all fuses..still had the lights. I then bought the rebuild kit and went to rebuild the pump, when I started taking it out I realized it was cracked, so I stopped and bought a used one off here. I then took that one (which had 50k miles on it and was from a California car) and I rebuilt that just to be sure it would work. I bled it and still have the 3 lights.

I just picked the car up from my local dealership because I decided to bite the bullet and have them bleed the pump with the proper tools and check the pressure. They told me that code dtc82 came up (pressure sensor is faulty/pump isn't creating pressure). and that I need to have it replaced. They said its creating -.19 Mpa of pressure.

Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to fix it? According to the dealer The sensor is inside the pump and can't be replaced. Any insight is much appreciated.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lyndi03
So I've had the dreaded 3 light issue going on with my evo viii since I bought my car in June. After searching this fourm for hours I got a bunch of knowledge and tried everything.

I started with bleeding the pump, and checking all fuses..still had the lights. I then bought the rebuild kit and went to rebuild the pump, when I started taking it out I realized it was cracked, so I stopped and bought a used one off here. I then took that one (which had 50k miles on it and was from a California car) and I rebuilt that just to be sure it would work. I bled it and still have the 3 lights.

I just picked the car up from my local dealership because I decided to bite the bullet and have them bleed the pump with the proper tools and check the pressure. They told me that code dtc82 came up (pressure sensor is faulty/pump isn't creating pressure). and that I need to have it replaced. They said its creating -.19 Mpa of pressure.

Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to fix it? According to the dealer The sensor is inside the pump and can't be replaced. Any insight is much appreciated.
Are you sure that you assembled everything correctly ?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 269 Likes on 207 Posts
the sensor can be bought separately and replaced but it is unlikely that it is broken.

If it is broken you will have constant 3 lights on all the time.. and the pump will not react to full throttle test. I doubt you will be able to bleed it (how did you bleed it?)

you should also check the wires from the sensor to the ecu, but I would first check if you overhauled the pump right.. .that is easy to do..
Old Apr 15, 2016, 03:59 PM

I watched the video a few times and also watched it while I rebuilt the pump. I know that if it isn't rebuilt 100% perfect it won't work, what are some things to look for when I take it back out?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

people usually turn the plate and/or the pump body the wrong way round.. hell I even do it from time to time.

second problem is bleeding it afterwards, but that might be specific to euro / jdm cars that have the pump in the back..

first, connect the pump direct to 12V and listen to it run... if it just runs constantly then you either dont have enough fluid in the pump or the pump isnt producing pressure. If you open the pump again, take pics and I'll help you to see if it is assembled correctly.

.v
Old Apr 16, 2016, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^ Can you show exactly which wires to connect 12v to?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CeliOnce
^ Can you show exactly which wires to connect 12v to?
the big 2 pole plug that is attached to the pump motor... red is positive obviously. THis way you will run the pump, and then you can easily hear if it is producing pressure. If it works ok you will hear the motor slow down and even the overflow valve open and start hissing..