Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo 8 battery relocation confirmation questions

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Evo 8 battery relocation confirmation questions

I have looked through the countless battery relocation posts and just need some confirmation on how I am gonna go about this/if I have everything to do this job.

Basically I am going the evo X fusible link route for the clean install

The parts that I have are as follows:

-Evo X fusible link/cover and joint wiring
-Bracket to mount the Evo X fusible link soon to be made
-25 ft 0 gauge wire (25 ft because thats all I can find on amazon and its $1 per foot)
-Wire loom
-Taylor battery box
-Terminals
-250 AMP inline fuse that is gonna be about 2 feet front the battery box in the trunk

Is there anything else I would need for this install?

I also plan to post installation pictures and a how to thread to add to the countless battery relocation threads on here
Old May 13, 2018, 03:29 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Some things to think about. If you are going through the firewall or any metal then you will need a grommet for the hole you make. I would also consider using a protective wrap for the wire, this place has nice stuff https://www.wirecare.com/category/braided-sleeving. Think about how your going to secure the wire . Your probably going to want a ton of zip ties. Do you have the tools to crimp 0 gauge? How are you going to ground the battery to the chassis? There are some good videos about adding large chassis grounds, especially if you search for things like "Big 3 upgrade".
Old May 13, 2018, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Some things to think about. If you are going through the firewall or any metal then you will need a grommet for the hole you make. I would also consider using a protective wrap for the wire, this place has nice stuff https://www.wirecare.com/category/braided-sleeving. Think about how your going to secure the wire . Your probably going to want a ton of zip ties. Do you have the tools to crimp 0 gauge? How are you going to ground the battery to the chassis? There are some good videos about adding large chassis grounds, especially if you search for things like "Big 3 upgrade".
There are multiple points in the trunk for the ground. I plan on protecting the wire with the loom. There is a hole by the passenger side of the engine bay that the wire can go through. I have a bunch of zip ties too
Old May 14, 2018, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

I'm in central NJ and did this in my 8 a long time ago. Ive got a heavy gauge wire crimper if you need ot and its convenient
Old May 14, 2018, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
personally I recommend getting a circuit breaker as opposed to just an inline fuse makes cutting power to the car worlds easier and if someone you do something to short it you simple just have to reset it vs replacing fuses
Old May 14, 2018, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BillAce
I'm in central NJ and did this in my 8 a long time ago. Ive got a heavy gauge wire crimper if you need ot and its convenient
PM sent