Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Intake manifold brass plug boost leak

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake manifold brass plug boost leak

Anyone have this issue? Not sure if I can remove the plug and pop in a new one. Thanks
Old Jun 10, 2018, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Take the manifold off and have someone weld an aluminum plug in its place. Some cars have blown the plug out under high boost.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 04:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Wonder if a little JB Weld would suffice for the short term? You can tell by the dip stick spring that you must be running some high boost. Above 30?

Also, how was that Mani painted (was it powder coated?) I ask only due to the high temps for the PC process
Old Jun 10, 2018, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by wht95scort
Take the manifold off and have someone weld an aluminum plug in its place. Some cars have blown the plug out under high boost.
I was thinking the same thing just wanted to confirm with the community first. Thank you very much for the help!
Old Jun 10, 2018, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Wonder if a little JB Weld would suffice for the short term? You can tell by the dip stick spring that you must be running some high boost. Above 30?

Also, how was that Mani painted (was it powder coated?) I ask only due to the high temps for the PC process
I was thinking JB weld for a temp solution but didn’t want to mess it up for welding repairs. Only running 25 lbs with pump gas on built 2.3. Found this leak due to building up boost and my AFR dropping to low 10’s. I had this car tuned about 2 weeks ago after the motor build at English racing and was running well till about 3 days ago. I’m waiting to pick up my catch can this coming weekend in hopes that I won’t have to run the spring anymore. I painted the manifold with VHT wrinkle black as it had some black paint prior to my ownership. Thanks!