Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Breakup at ~40psi - options?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 05:20 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
___JDC___
Features:
  • 1 Year warranty on new Denso coils, 90 days on refurbished Denso coils, lifetime warranty on wire harness and mounting plate
  • Fits under OEM spark plug cover and most aftermarket covers
  • Tested to 918whp @ 0.020" plug gap
  • Military spec heat sleeve protector on wiring, rated to 428degF
  • Tefzel military spec wire, rated to 393degF
  • Plug and Play (no assembly required)
  • No retune needed after install
  • Gain HP/TQ (8-20 hp is the norm, mod dependent)
  • Greatly reduce or eliminate partial throttle bucking
  • Better idle quality
  • Quicker and easier start during especially in colder weather with E85
  • Run more boost without spark blowout issues
  • Run more gap for better fuel burn and increased mpg
  • Plugs last longer due to less fouling
  • Plug changes take minutes less
  • No problem prone CDI Boxes
  • Choice of satin black or carbon fiber mounting plate
  • Non corrosive stainless steel hardware
____Sparktech____
  • 2 Year warranty on coils, lifetime on harness & workmanship.
  • 100% plug and play (genuine oem connectors)
  • 100% compatible with stock ecu & standalone ecu's
  • Tested to 918whp @ 0.020"plug gap
  • Military spec heat sleeve protector on wiring, rated to 428degF
  • Tefzel military spec wire, rated to 393degF
  • Standard wrinkle black mounting plate.
  • Fits under OEM and most aftermarket coil covers.
  • All components are brand new.
  • Out performs the DLI
  • Works well with stock turbo, larger turbos & fully built evos
  • Improve idle quality
  • Accelerates smoother through RPM range
  • Expect longer spark plug life due to a more efficient spark
  • Increased fuel economy (2-3mpg typically reported)
  • Due to increased spark energy you can run more boost without spark blow out
  • Improved throttle response
  • Decreased in cruise part throttle surge.
  • Smoother dyno curve.

___Spoolinup____
* Fits under spark plug well cover
* Handle 650+ HP, tested to 800whp
* Plug-n-Play
* Gain HP/TQ (8-20 hp is the norm, mod dependent)
* Greatly reduce or eliminate partial throttle bucking
* Better idle quality
* Acclerates like a new car
* Run more boost
* 4 coils instead of 2
* Hotter spark
* Run more gap for better fuel burn
* Plugs last longer due to less fouling
* No wimpy spark plug wires to worry about
* Plug changes take minutes less
* Increased gas mileage
* Lightest System available
* No problem prone CDI Boxes
* Looks great!
* Non corrosive hardware will keep it looking great!
* Beautiful Carbon Fiber mounting plate
* Directions included
* 3 Year Warranty on Coils, Lifetime on Workmanship (Harness, Mount Plate, etc)
Yes, a lot of my product features are the same as sparktech and spoolin' up because I use the same coils, which give the same performance.
@JD_Customs_USA
(423)665-9616
Old Jul 24, 2018, 05:40 AM
Silver Sponsor

So who does everyone want to buy from? A vendor that bashes others products while copying their websites, or....?
#1. Let's get this straight. I never bashed anyone's product. I was asked what I thought made my product better than my competition, so I gave my opinion based on my experience and reviews of my actual customers. I never said anything was wrong with spoolin' up products. Would you expect someone to tell you their own product sucks and the competition is better? Nobody is going to do that. Each company has reasons why they believe their product is better than the competition and it's their right to voice that opinion when asked, and that's all I did.

#2. Why are you trying to smash my company so hard for voicing my opinion on a forum? Do you have a reason why you're so against my company and one one the hundreds of products I sell? Have you personally bought anything from me and had an issue with it? I don't get why you're spending so much time and effort trying to dig into my company to find things to bash. I have a huge list of very satisfied customers that have actually done business with me and love the level of customer service they receive with every order.

#3. YOU are the exact reason why I didn't join the forums years ago. People like you (yes, I said that) make being a part of the forums a nightmare. I don't need the drama and I definitely don't have the time to sit here and respond to every message you reply to just to have you pull something else up to keep the drama going. If you have an issue with me or my company you can contact me directly. I have no issue speaking with you on the phone or emailing you. There is no point in keeping a thread like this going. I was only answering a question to help a potential customer fix his car. Please stop the childish remarks and move on.
@JD_Customs_USA
(423)665-9616
Old Jul 24, 2018, 05:46 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by hutch959
JD... i have a spooling up.
like it.. no issues...

send me one of yours and ill do a comparo on it!
boom!!
I never said there was a problem with spoolin' up products. I've actually purchased parts from him myself in the past. If you're in Chattanooga I might be interested in doing that. I've already had multiple people and different shops do a comparison and they all chose to order from me afterwards. That has to mean something. CzeroMedia did a review and comparison of my cop compared to spoolin' up a few months ago and he liked mine better. He chose to keep mine and sell the spoolin' up. The video is here:
@JD_Customs_USA
(423)665-9616
Old Jul 24, 2018, 05:51 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by kaj
He said "way better quality" then explained why. Like how Ford claims your truck is better than Dodge or Chevy. Including subjective info. Almost every ad I see, anywhere ,is one product saying why it's better than the leading brand. What are the rules regarding what parts need to be included or excluded to say a part is better? Also ,he didn't talk bad about Spoolin Up, he just said his was better. That doesn't imply SU is junk.
I didn't read the argument between you two after. That's all you guys. I'm saying I don't get why you got so upset with his initial post. So no ,I guess I don't get it (not just saying that ,I actually don't), unless you have a personal relationship with the guy at Spoolin Up and are backing up his product. Even still...
Whatever the reason is, you've taken issue with him so I'm not trying to change your mind. Just explaining my point of view.
Who knows? Maybe I was in advertising too long ,so consider his post normal.
The direction this thread took surprises me ,is all.
That's exactly what I thought I was doing, but I guess I can't voice my opinion on a forum without being bashed by someone that's never done business with me. I'm learning new things everyday!
@JD_Customs_USA
(423)665-9616
Old Jul 24, 2018, 07:49 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by JD Customs USA
Yes, a lot of my product features are the same as sparktech and spoolin' up because I use the same coils, which give the same performance.
Couldn't even use your own swords though, instead you copied and pasted off of someone else website. Like I said, you lack integrity.

Originally Posted by JD Customs USA
#1. Let's get this straight. I never bashed anyone's product. I was asked what I thought made my product better than my competition, so I gave my opinion based on my experience and reviews of my actual customers. I never said anything was wrong with spoolin' up products. Would you expect someone to tell you their own product sucks and the competition is better? Nobody is going to do that. Each company has reasons why they believe their product is better than the competition and it's their right to voice that opinion when asked, and that's all I did.

#2. Why are you trying to smash my company so hard for voicing my opinion on a forum? Do you have a reason why you're so against my company and one one the hundreds of products I sell? Have you personally bought anything from me and had an issue with it? I don't get why you're spending so much time and effort trying to dig into my company to find things to bash. I have a huge list of very satisfied customers that have actually done business with me and love the level of customer service they receive with every order.

#3. YOU are the exact reason why I didn't join the forums years ago. People like you (yes, I said that) make being a part of the forums a nightmare. I don't need the drama and I definitely don't have the time to sit here and respond to every message you reply to just to have you pull something else up to keep the drama going. If you have an issue with me or my company you can contact me directly. I have no issue speaking with you on the phone or emailing you. There is no point in keeping a thread like this going. I was only answering a question to help a potential customer fix his car. Please stop the childish remarks and move on.
The disconnect you have here is a big one...lol. You didn't voice an opinion. You specifically named another company, and then stated you have "way higher quality" when that simply isn't the case. You do a few things differently, and that's it. There is no quality difference.

On top of that, you posted a picture of a who knows how old SU cop to compare to a pic of one of your kits in brand new condition. You did his in an attempt to show that yours is "better". It doesn't get more dishonest that.

Yeah, you hate forums because you don't like it when you called out on your BS. If I was doing something wrong here, I'm sure a mod or an admin would have cleaned this up already. All I've done is point out objective facts.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 08:52 AM
Silver Sponsor

Couldn't even use your own swords though, instead you copied and pasted off of someone else website. Like I said, you lack integrity.

The disconnect you have here is a big one...lol. You didn't voice an opinion. You specifically named another company, and then stated you have "way higher quality" (<my opinion) when that simply isn't the case. You do a few things differently, and that's it. There is no quality difference. <(your opinion)

On top of that, you posted a picture of a who knows how old SU cop to compare to a pic of one of your kits in brand new condition. You did his in an attempt to show that yours is "better". It doesn't get more dishonest that. (so comparing products makes me dishonest now? hmm... never heard that one before )

Yeah, you hate forums because you don't like it when you called out on your BS. If I was doing something wrong here, I'm sure a mod or an admin would have cleaned this up already. All I've done is point out objective facts. (only opinions have been stated. No facts here)
When you're able to hold my product in your hand and a spoolin up in the other, you can tell me all about the quality, but since you can't do that, you have no room to talk. I use different parts to make my product that I (and hundreds of customers) believe to be better quality. That is our opinion and you can argue that our opinion is wrong all you want, but again, that's your opinion and it isn't any more right or wrong than anyone else's. Look up the definition of "opinion". I wasn't being dishonest about anything. I showed a picture of how the spoolin up kit was wired and the type of carbon fiber that was used. It doesn't matter if it is worn, the components are still the same either way. I don't like forums because I have to deal with people that have nothing better to do with their time than to argue that their opinion is the only one that matters and that everyone else's opinion is wrong. That's exactly what you've tried to do. I don't have any BS to be called out on. You're just making up stuff to start an argument over a difference in opinions. My products are solid and perform great. I have no complaints from anyone who matters. Trust me, the mods are paying close attention to this thread and I'm being as nice as possible. Please just let this thread die because there's nothing else that needs to be said. All you're doing now is sending traffic and potential customers my way Keep it up!
@JD_Customs_USA
(423)665-9616
Old Jul 24, 2018, 09:14 AM
EvoM Guru

Oh, so now it's just "your opinion" your first post doesn't say it's your opinion.

And you didn't compare products with the pictures. You intentionally posted a dirty, used, spoolin up kit and a pic of yours in new condition. You're a joke dude. Zero integrity. I feel for the people who purchase anything from you.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
The reason most people purchase my kits is because they get a product that performs the same as the competition with a better appearance at a lower price. I also stand firmly behind my products and I'm always willing to do whatever is needed to keep the customer happy.
This should have been the only argument you needed to promote your product. Bad-mouthing the competition makes you look desperate for sales and that you feel the need to justify your product. I have no doubt that your products work the same, we all know it's a wiring loom and some coils; as long as they're crimped fine they'll all work the same. Price and customer service are the winning factors.

Stop fighting, no one is solving anything here because you'll never see eye-to-eye.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:24 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by llDemonll
This should have been the only argument you needed to promote your product. Bad-mouthing the competition makes you look desperate for sales and that you feel the need to justify your product. I have no doubt that your products work the same, we all know it's a wiring loom and some coils; as long as they're crimped fine they'll all work the same. Price and customer service are the winning factors.

Stop fighting, no one is solving anything here because you'll never see eye-to-eye.
Could you or someone please show me where I "badmouthed" spoolin up? All I did was provide my honest opinion as to why I think my product is better. I never said his products are crap. Am I not allowed to compare my product with a competitor when someone asks the difference? This is absolutely ridiculous!
@JD_Customs_USA
(423)665-9616
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Stop. Seriously. I'm not interested in a debate. If you and letsgetthisdone want to further the discussion take it to PM's.

If you want to continue here, be useful and provide information to the OP and his original question.
The following 2 users liked this post by llDemonll:
butte (Jul 24, 2018), kaj (Jul 24, 2018)
Old Jul 24, 2018, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
FWIW I went with Spoolin up COP because JD Customs USA just made a sales pitch (which I don't necessarily have a problem with) and didn't bother to read my OP or answer my question about aftermarket COP kits.

I'll post my results for posterity when I get the COP kit installed.
The following users liked this post:
LetsGetThisDone (Jul 24, 2018)
Old Jul 24, 2018, 01:26 PM
EvoM Guru

You won't be disappointed with the quality of Matt's COP..
Old Jul 24, 2018, 01:41 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by butte
FWIW I went with Spoolin up COP because JD Customs USA just made a sales pitch (which I don't necessarily have a problem with) and didn't bother to read my OP or answer my question about aftermarket COP kits.

I'll post my results for posterity when I get the COP kit installed.
Sorry I wasn't able to answer your questions fully. I thought your questions had already been answered previously to my post and didn't want to repeat what had already been said. The spoolin up kit should work fine for you though. I'm new to the whole forum thing, so I'm working with a learning curve. Please let me know if I can help you out in any way in the future.
@JD_Customs_USA
(423)665-9616
The following users liked this post:
butte (Jul 24, 2018)
Old Jul 24, 2018, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

FWIW I'd keep the gap low even after the COP. All the COP kits for some reason advertise that you can run a larger gap (which is true), however in high boost applications you'll still find better results from a tighter gap. One step colder than stock might also be advised...ask your tuner
The following 2 users liked this post by llDemonll:
Abacus (Jul 24, 2018), butte (Jul 24, 2018)
Old Jul 24, 2018, 01:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by llDemonll
FWIW I'd keep the gap low even after the COP. All the COP kits for some reason advertise that you can run a larger gap (which is true), however in high boost applications you'll still find better results from a tighter gap. One step colder than stock might also be advised...ask your tuner
I, too, have found this to be true. I am currently set around 37 psi and gap my plugs between .020" and .019". The idle on E85 is very smooth, even with the AC running and I get no breaking up even when the air is super cold and dense. When temperature outside is low 60's to high 50's, I will see upwards of 39 psi! Very exciting to drive during that time.

Quick Reply: Breakup at ~40psi - options?