Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Fuel system upgrade/evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel system upgrade/evo 8

what’s up. I Have an evo 8 and I currently have South Bay injectors 1000cc plug and play harness and a Aeromotive 340Lph fuel pump as well plus Ngk spark plugs. Tuned ofc and on pump gas. Won’t be going e85 in the future at all due to being far to get to Recently just went Speed density which is why I decided to do all these at once. I now need to upgrade my fuel system from what I am told, need advice on what to do with my fuel system next
Old Feb 1, 2019, 06:13 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
The stock fuel lines & fuel rail can handle quite a bit of WHP. Not sure what "upgrade the fuel system" means. You already have a very high flowing pump & 1000cc injectors go pretty far on pump gas

Need more specifics from ya!

The following users liked this post:
DontStopMe (Feb 1, 2019)
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Need more specifics, you have more than enough fuel for stock turbo on pump gas.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:26 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 221 Likes on 131 Posts
Agreed with above comments. 1000cc's & upgraded fuel pump on pump gas will go a long way.

Also, seems weird that someone told you you needed to "upgrade fuel system" but could not get specific.
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Feb 1, 2019)
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
If you're new to the game, read as much here as you can before any upgrades, as there are high chance there will be others who have gone through the same process
Old Feb 8, 2019, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
The stock fuel lines & fuel rail can handle quite a bit of WHP. Not sure what "upgrade the fuel system" means. You already have a very high flowing pump & 1000cc injectors go pretty far on pump gas

Need more specifics from ya!

well the previous owner of the evo didnt properly throw the stock parts back like it should . Car sits at 125k miles. While he was upgrading the fuel pump and already under the hood , he managed to see my fue rail and regulator weren’t wired and placed well and also my fuel meter gauge tends to act up like at one point it’ll say I need gas when I recently just put and later on it goes back to normal. And lastly when trying to put gas on the evo , it like clicks and stops pumping so I have to keep taking it back out and insert it again for many times till full . I guess that’s what he means by upgrading my fuel system