Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Tcase problem??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 08:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tcase problem??

Hey everyone, i need bits of help!! Long story short....So i went to get tuned my back wheels arent spining on dyno. So we think its a tcase problem. But before i drop it down i want to check every other possibility why they are not spinning. Any suggestions? Maybe some sort of sensor disconnect, or some bolts or something to check before dropping the tcase. By the way its the evo 8 the non-acd pump tcase. Any help very well appreciate it.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by evoholic3088
Hey everyone, i need bits of help!! Long story short....So i went to get tuned my back wheels arent spining on dyno. So we think its a tcase problem. But before i drop it down i want to check every other possibility why they are not spinning. Any suggestions? Maybe some sort of sensor disconnect, or some bolts or something to check before dropping the tcase. By the way its the evo 8 the non-acd pump tcase. Any help very well appreciate it.
hold on, are you saying you drove it to the tuner and then put it on a dyno and the rear wheels wouldnt turn around?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jonno99
hold on, are you saying you drove it to the tuner and then put it on a dyno and the rear wheels wouldnt turn around?
haha yes not even sure how long i been driving my evo as a lancer fwd. When i got to the tune place once on the dyno. Back wheels wernt spinning. But still got dyno with the front wheels on 4th gear pulls
Old Feb 8, 2019, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
That's crazy, please update on what caused the rear wheels to not work. I would assume something should've made a loud bang or some sort of crazy whine before that happened.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
First off, if the dyno shop was willing to run it fwd only, FIND ANOTHER SHOP!!! That is just horrible. We would have taken the car right back off the dyno if that happened and wouldnt let it back on until the issue was fixed.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I don't know what is wrong with your car but say the rear differential has all its gear teeth lying in the bottom of the case and the car has a working viscous coupling, you should be able to move in fwd. Dyno the car using the viscous coupling??? Dunno about that.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:17 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
OP, look under the car, is there a driveshaft installed?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
is it a acd car?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:59 AM

I was at the tunner shop all day from 8am-5:30ish. I went in for tune going to pay $600 end up paying lil over $1200. It does have the drive shaft. And if i jack the car from the back and spin the wheels the shaft spins same if i twist the driveshaft wheeels spin.
this car i got it all apart. Everyting i the truck and back seata had to put it back together. I never heard a pop or nothing that i recall so what i was thinking is that the tcase or what ever it is was messed up already when i got it.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm dealing with this issue currently. Bought the car and did a few pulls and it just smoked the front tires. I drained the rear diff and found shavings on the drain plug. drives fine just no power to rear, when i jacked the car up i started it in gear and all 4 spun so for me i believe the clutches are just worn out.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by AgresvEvo
I'm dealing with this issue currently. Bought the car and did a few pulls and it just smoked the front tires. I drained the rear diff and found shavings on the drain plug. drives fine just no power to rear, when i jacked the car up i started it in gear and all 4 spun so for me i believe the clutches are just worn out.
My case it was the tcase. I toke the lil cover held by 4 bolts and yeah i was able to see the gear. Had no teeth at all anymore