Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

need advice from the clutch gods

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need advice from the clutch gods

I recently replaced my clutch and exactly what happened to this guy is going on with my car. I never saw that he came up with the cause of the noise. any help or advice would be faaaaaaantastic

"hi all, i'm running a quartermaster twin disc clutch. here's what happened - took an exit, downshifted into second, and i noticed a screeching noise when the clutch was pushed in. as i downshifted into first coming to a stop with the clutch pushed in, the noise was unbearable. it's a super loud screeching noise, kind of like scratching something sharp on a chalkboard, except magnify that by let's say, a hundred times. i drove around some more up to about 60mph shifting through the gears, and the screech was there every time i shifted gears. i know twin disc's make some chatter with the clutch disengaged, but this definitely did not sound normal. the weird part about it is that the noise only now happens when i start the car, and randomly as i have the clutch pedal pushed in going at parking lot speeds. the screech noise is there for aboutsecond while the car turns over and then disappears when i let go of the pedal. while accelerating and shifting through the gears, i no longer hear any screeching. it is not difficult to shift into and out of gears either."
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Its likely the throwout bearing.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah thats my worry. not sure what to do about it or if its cause for concern because I really dont want to pull everything apart again. just trying to sell the car soon
Old Sep 10, 2019, 01:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by littlered
yeah thats my worry. not sure what to do about it or if its cause for concern because I really dont want to pull everything apart again. just trying to sell the car soon
You can still sell the car as long as you disclose the issue to the buyer. It will drop the price though.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pal215:
littlered (Sep 10, 2019), WestPalmEVO (Sep 10, 2019)