Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What air intake do you use????????????????????????

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2004, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we were just on the dyno with 2 cars with the same mods. my friend had a k-n drop in and mine has the aps cold air intake. this unit fits like a glove. it grabbs the air from in the left inner fender well. they see a new intercooler tanks that looks totally stock. my car made
15 more hp than my friends.just go to yahoo and type in aps intake systems. i love it!!!
Old May 24, 2004, 02:39 PM

I am running the K&N Typhoon and I can't say enough positive things about it. I didn't notice any speed increases until last weekend when I installed my HKS 30th Anniversary Cat-back as well. The car seems to rev quicker etc...
Old May 24, 2004, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by insomniac_evo
hey man, how's the sound on the blitz??

On the WRX, it sounded fantastic. made the turbo (or the sound of the turbo inhaling air) very audible at WOT, and noticeable at partial throttle. It was pretty quiet at cruise. I put a TXS type H BOV on for a couple of days, but ended up taking it right back off. The stock valve was plenty loud with this intake. And it's probably the least restrictive of the aftermarket intakes (someone will probably disagree....)

Haven't put one on the Evo yet, but I probably will go with it when the time comes.
Old May 24, 2004, 03:42 PM

I have the AEM intake installed in my car and I absolutely hate it. First, I can't stand the shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sound. Drives me nuts. And I swear I've lost performance since I installed it. I can just feel it, especially in the high end. Anyway, I'm either going to remove, and reattach the stock one, or buy the HKS intake.
Old May 28, 2004, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My first step is to put a K&N air filter and second an air suction pipe. I know K&N is good air filter but I don't know anything about the pros and cons of an air suction pipe like Ralliart, RMR and Cusco. Someone here has some experience with air sucution/inlet pipes?
Old May 28, 2004, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jason@NTEC
i have the hks racing suction and i love it, the turbo spools faster and you can feel more power in the top end!! no problems with the check engine light(make sure you disconnect neg. terminal off battery when you install it).

yup same here.
Old May 28, 2004, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The claims are that this air suction pipe improves the horsepower...
Somebody here with a Dyno test?