Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

good muffler ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2004, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in the same boat as this guy - I have an 02 Lancer OZ, and am looking to do cat-back....it will most likely be a xmas present from the rents, but they aren't huge into spending loads and loads of dough.....im thinking i can get about 500$ in parts out of them and weasel out installation on a side note.....If i want a muffler, iwth the piping and all does anybody know where i can get a compelte system? I want to maxamize hp (because 120 jsut isnt doin it for me), the sound would be nice - but i could are less. If you have any ideas email me at boardinbum13d@hotmail.com, or reply. thanks
Old Oct 6, 2004, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thundergrey
good call thats what i got right now and it sounds sweet... a little louder then i wanted, but when you keep your foot off the floor it has a low rumble and when you hit it, you (and anyone around you) knows it... its a much lower sound and doesnt sound like a tin can... the cold air is a good call too... i like to play with it at the stop lights and hear the slight wistle that it makes...
how much did you pay for the exaust system?
Old Oct 6, 2004, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ozdriver
I went with the greddy EVO 2 exhaust fits and sounds great + full stainless steel
i've looked into this system and heard good things? how much did you pay............cause im a poor boy form a poor family hehe
Old Oct 6, 2004, 10:33 PM

get a 2.5 diameter ebay muffler rs type are pretty dam good. weld it to the stock exhaust and it will be very deep just my 2 cents
Old Oct 7, 2004, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by raliart
get a 2.5 diameter ebay muffler rs type are pretty dam good. weld it to the stock exhaust and it will be very deep just my 2 cents
hows the power gain? a buddy told me that the small pipes do alot of the restricting, and with such a small engine would be hurting me like 5-10ish hp...which is a lot for a car with only 120 stock
Old Mar 19, 2005, 05:19 PM

I initially went to a muffler shop and they welded some ebay can on there.... worst idea ever... ya it cost $50 but whats more embarrasing driving stock or having some rice can. All I have to say is do it right the first time so you dont waste your money.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 02:21 PM

Im trying to add performance to my 05 ES. Anyone know if the DC SS Catback exhaust will fit my trim?
Old Jul 4, 2005, 02:23 PM
Former Vendor

ahhh 3 inch turbo back pipe.. thats it just pipe.. my neighbors love mine..
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:50 PM

does anyone has a dc sport catback on their car ? if so how does it sound and did it make noticable difference as far as performence ?
Old Dec 20, 2005, 12:19 PM

ooo i have an hks axel back for sell if anyone wants brand new out of box used box for oil change but thats besides the point....ummm
Old Jan 1, 2006, 08:38 PM

ok listen to me good, but i dont think u will beleave me, get a universal muffler on ebay. i got like a 2.5 inch muffler it was like $30 and it has a sweet soudn. everyone thinks i got full catback. i took mine into a plance and they had to ad some pipping because it was to small but i was really surprised at the deep sound i get. at like 4k rpm the noise goes away and its all engine sound. by far one of the best mods ive done. 110 total to put it together
Old Jan 3, 2006, 12:06 AM

ok listen to me good, but i dont think u will beleave me, get a universal muffler on ebay. i got like a 2.5 inch muffler it was like $30 and it has a sweet soudn. everyone thinks i got full catback. i took mine into a plance and they had to ad some pipping because it was to small but i was really surprised at the deep sound i get. at like 4k rpm the noise goes away and its all engine sound. by far one of the best mods ive done. 110 total to put it together
the only thing i do not believe is that you put this on an oz, if thats what you're even talking about..
Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

i have, HCM SRI, headers, magnaflow high flow cat, and a greddy evo 2 cat back, i think it sounds f ing crazy nice and deep, car pulls harder than stock, and when i get a turbo it will be freakin awesome, what i think is weird tho is that the exhaust note goes kinda low in the higher rpms
Old Jul 12, 2006, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

buy a 30 dollar muffler and have some shop weld it on for 40 bucks thats what i did and it sounds nice and deep, but not too loud at all
Old May 9, 2007, 05:47 PM

OK i was in the exact same boat as you are.......i didnt have a ton of money to spend and i didnt want something that when ever u drove by people would look at you and laugh. i honestly went on Ebay and bought like a 20 dollar muffle and took it to i think midas or one of those shops around and they welded it up and did a great job for 50 bucks. mine sounds really nice, not too loud that everyone looks but lound enough to were u can tell...very low sound, and what i really liked is it went away at high rpms....no winy barrrrggh at high rpms all engine noise. would suggest it to ne one even though it sounds bad.

Quick Reply: good muffler ideas?