Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

BIG probelm in new 05

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2005, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rez90
it's funny you got your car from freehold mitsu...whatever you do...don't trust or even talk to Tom Maestro... He is a son of a b_tch. He tried to sell me a car last week and tried to bully me into a sale and told me he wouldn't give me my deposit back when he delievered a car that was dented and scratched up...

I wanted to jump over the desk and beat the living sh_t out of him because of the way he was treating me as a customer.

actually do me a favor...go talk to him and tell him i said to go f_ck himself....that was the one thing i forgot to tell him...thanks

but in all seriousness. deal with Dominic if you're looking for a manager...do not deal with tom.....he is not trustworthy.
HAHA, no I didnt get my EVO there, I got mine from Manfredi Mitsu in Staten Island. However, since I live in Toms River, the closest dealer to me is Freehold, so they will be doing my warranty **** like this. Yeah if I see that guy I'll make sure that I let him know how you feel about him
Old Jan 13, 2005, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

I had an 03 Evo(act clutch, full exhaust, etc) that I bought from Freehold Mitsu and they warrantied two TC's on my car. Talk to Jeff in the service department as I am sure he will take care of the problem ASAP.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

that sucks, sorry to hear that. i just broke 10k miles on my 05 and its in tip top shape!
Old Jan 13, 2005, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

factory defect.hope u get it fixed.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 04:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if its brand new, you could have the dealer buy it back. or call the manufacturer and tell them they've sold you a lemon.

Lemon!
Old Jan 13, 2005, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
if its brand new, you could have the dealer buy it back. or call the manufacturer and tell them they've sold you a lemon.

Lemon!
Well how long should I wait to do that? I mean, you cant just return a car just bc there is a problem with it right? Unless of course its reoccuring or whatnot.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos

Lemon!
Id have to bring it back to get the same problem fixed 3 times before I could do a lemon law. Its only been 1 so far
Old Jan 13, 2005, 05:00 PM

so you've had this problem since the first day you got the car? man I would've made a u turn and demanded a new car if I were you since your car was basically DOA.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by awdmofo
so you've had this problem since the first day you got the car? man I would've made a u turn and demanded a new car if I were you since your car was basically DOA.
I know, I wish I did, problem was, I needed a car THAT day and I had school Mon thru Wed, so whatever, now its at the other dealer, they are calling me tomorow and seeings what is up. Better be progressive or I will be pissed.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

***UPDATE***

Mitsu called me today and said they talked to Mitsu Tech in Cali - they told them to drain the fluid out of the REAR differential. Sure enough, the guy said it was filled with metal shavings. He said they put in new fluid and when the weather gets better (tomorrow) because its snowing here now, they will drive it and see whats up, although I dont see how thats going to do anything, but they said if its still F'd up tomorrow they are ordering me a new rear differential... damn it
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
***UPDATE***

Mitsu called me today and said they talked to Mitsu Tech in Cali - they told them to drain the fluid out of the REAR differential. Sure enough, the guy said it was filled with metal shavings. He said they put in new fluid and when the weather gets better (tomorrow) because its snowing here now, they will drive it and see whats up, although I dont see how thats going to do anything, but they said if its still F'd up tomorrow they are ordering me a new rear differential... damn it
**** that, demand a NEW car. thats B.S.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

that sucks. This is the second icident that I have heard of with the '05 evos.

I don't think it's a mechanical fault, but lack of dealer knowledge when prepping the car for sale.

If this goes like the last incident, I would not worry. It should be covered, especially because your still in the breakin period.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chrisw
that sucks. This is the second icident that I have heard of with the '05 evos.

I don't think it's a mechanical fault, but lack of dealer knowledge when prepping the car for sale.

If this goes like the last incident, I would not worry. It should be covered, especially because your still in the breakin period.
Im not worried about them fixing it really, especially cost bc of warranty, but mainly time. Im 21 and paying a lot of mone to drive this car, and im not driving it, that is what gets to me. That and the fact that I get the one thats F'd up brand new!
Old Jan 14, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twinevo
this is the guy i was talking about in the post above yours. they replaced his rear diff but still had the same problem. they found out it was air pockets in the rear diff fluid lines.
There are no fluild lines...so...
Old Jan 14, 2005, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Im not worried about them fixing it really, especially cost bc of warranty, but mainly time. Im 21 and paying a lot of mone to drive this car, and im not driving it, that is what gets to me. That and the fact that I get the one thats F'd up brand new!
i feel ya man, that does suck bad. maybe they can get their hands on another EB from a nearby dealership? you just need to go in there extremely pissed off, they should be able to help you.