Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Will the EVO VIII be sold out by early summer?
Most definately!
21.33%
No way
22.67%
If they do, they\'ll make more...
37.33%
I have no idea.
18.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Will the EVO sell out by summer?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2003, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No many countries in europe are left hookers!
Old Jan 28, 2003, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Actually, I think that UK is the only one that like the steering wheel on the right ("right" being just the right-hand side, not the correct one ) side. Not sure about the Iceland tough, but that about covers it.

Fedja
Old Jan 28, 2003, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Turkey,Australia,New Zealand to name a few...The reason the english drive on the left hand side is because before the car they used to ride horses...when they would pass a stranger on the road they would pass on the left so that if the stranger coming the other way would suddenly attack with the notion to rob you ....you could draw your sword with your right hand leaving you in a suitable position to defend yourself......when the car was introduced they never changed the way things were done.....most of these other countries where ruled by the UK while a civilized infastructure was set up........History lesson over and recess!!...you can flame me now if you like...
Old Jan 28, 2003, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by limey
Turkey,Australia,New Zealand to name a few...
I tough we are talking about the Europe here, but you jumped a bit further.

And Turkey has the same driving side as the rest of the Europe (UK excluded of curse).

Fedja
Old Jan 28, 2003, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

I am paying msrp with no mark-up. I think you guys in
rice-ville(Cali, Florida etc) are paying more because of demand.
"Supply and demand" is what makes our country so strong.

Citizens of some countries will never know what an EVO is.
Be thankful.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

"Citizens of some countries will never know what an EVO is."

And if they keep production numbers fairly low here in the US, most US citizens will never know what an Evo is either! huhu

SC
Old Jan 28, 2003, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Longfury
yeah i thought all other markets but the US and Germany were RHD
LHD = RS and RSII models in
france
germany
italy
middle east
scandinavia
Russia
Rally -Many rally cars are LHD

These are not huge markets but the US LHD will be served first.

Erik
Old Jan 28, 2003, 02:04 PM
ACM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MrAWD

I tough we are talking about the Europe here, but you jumped a bit further.

And Turkey has the same driving side as the rest of the Europe (UK excluded of curse).

Fedja
Excuse me, but europe isn't part of the UK.

Charles
Old Jan 28, 2003, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by limey
eh, I think the second largest market is Germany?
Not very many in germay as far as I can tell. I've only seen a few ever mentioned.

Their alloment of 400 VIIs were bought up very quickly.

Erik
Old Jan 28, 2003, 04:02 PM

I have no idea if they will sell out or not. I tend to lean towards those who think that will ramp up prod if we start eating the things up here. Just makes coorporate sense. But I'd also like to note that there was a lot of discussion a long time ago about the intent to make Evos for Canada. had intended to have an alotment of Canadian Evos from what I understood and then they couldn't get them past the Canadians' equivalent of the "5mph" bumper laws (which have, apparently, changed to 2.5 mph here). So it was felt, at that time, that we would be getting bigger numbers ...up to 12K because we'd be getting all of the production capacity of the Canadian market too. I think this is reasonable but more importantly, I learned a long time ago not to buy anything in the emotional state of "I better get it quick or it'll be GONE!!!" Not that there's anything wrong with getting one right up front (so long as you're not paying over MSRP) but I really don't think there will be a whole lot of people sitting around crying their eyes out that they didn't jump all over the evo 8 and now they just have to sit there with 30 grand in their pockets wishing they hadn't missed their only opportunity. C'mon...the 9 is going to have more features, the 8 may have a later version with acd/ayc...whatever happens, you can get an evo if you have the dough.

Personally, I'm waiting for the shootouts in the car rags. Specifically, I really want to see how the cornering compares without the ayc which made the 7 so potent in the corners. I'm going to be patient and I'm not listening to panicky talk of "they'll all be gone!" I've never gone wrong in life waiting and taking my time in buying. I recommend a chill to those who are worrying over this.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 10:55 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

I doubt it! At the rate is pushing it back we probably won't see it until the sti comes out

So how could it be sold out if they happen to be released at that time
Old Jan 28, 2003, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by gtr
I doubt it! At the rate is pushing it back we probably won't see it until the sti comes out

So how could it be sold out if they happen to be released at that time
waiting lists.
Old Jan 29, 2003, 02:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Fireball
I don't understand how everyone keeps forgetting that this car has and always will be a LIMITED PRODUCTION CAR!

Pierre said at the launch that the number for the US will be 4500. Did everyone forget already?
WRONG

Watch the release video again. He says and I quote, "We expect to sell about 4500 Lancer Evolutions in North America in 2003."

That in no way suggests that this is a strict cap. That is the minimum they expect to sell. Also I know for a fact that at least EVO 6 and above were NOT limited in Japan. You could walk into any dealership in Japan and have an EVO made to order.
Old Jan 29, 2003, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MyCre8n=Evlshn
Personally, I'm waiting for the shootouts in the car rags. Specifically, I really want to see how the cornering compares without the ayc which made the 7 so potent in the corners.
Can't agree more about the shutout thing!! But, the most of the lightness of the EVO 7 actually comes from the ACD, not AYC (which could be made to help, but not that much in the stock trim).

Fedja
Old Jan 29, 2003, 09:21 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ScoobyBoost

WRONG

Watch the release video again. He says and I quote, "We expect to sell about 4500 Lancer Evolutions in North America in 2003."

That in no way suggests that this is a strict cap. That is the minimum they expect to sell. Also I know for a fact that at least EVO 6 and above were NOT limited in Japan. You could walk into any dealership in Japan and have an EVO made to order.
As I said before the factory is working on increasing producition. How do you think a factory will react just doubling thier current production rate? Of course this is a limited production car due to the small factory. However i feel this is only temperory only for this year until they are able to ramp up. I also want to mention the evo has 200 more spot welds than the lancer cedia so they are not spit out like the Subaru STi. That car is limit released not production. Don't get me wrong i'm guessing they are producing as much as that factory is able.

Quick Reply: Will the EVO sell out by summer?