Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wideband; AEM uego vs PLX m300 vs others

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2005, 05:35 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wideband; AEM uego vs PLX m300 vs others

Ok, here it is. I need to decide between these 2 mainly,

AEM UEGO or PLX M300.

They're both oxygen sensored wideband air and fuel measuring device.

AEM UEGO' s got a nicer gauge with nicer oxygen sensor from Bosch.

PLX M300 has a nice big digital readout gauge with oxygen sensor unknow.

AEM is about $50 more than PLX M300.

However, I think PLX M300 replaces the stock oxygen sensor... not sure, it said it replaces the stock narrow band oxygen sensor.

I don't know how AEM installs. I think they install with a seperate Bong on the downpipe along with the stock ones?

This is the part that I'm little confused about.

IF anyone with experience in these 2 let me know which one I should get.

like this:

AEM UEGO WIDEBAND:

Pros:

Cons:

PLX M300:

Pros:

Cons:

I would like the a/f gauge that could read in stream line and not stall or stop while WOT. I need something that read in REAL TIME.

thanks for all your input. BTW, I need a wideband with SAFC, since SAFC doesn't read a/f ratio, right?
Old Mar 25, 2005, 05:38 PM
Account Disabled

By the way, I always do my searches. A lot of people tend to go with PLX m300 and a lot of people are selling their AEM UEGO.

so, that's where I'm confused. There's got to be a reason why people are doing that.

from the look of it, AEM UEGO is a nicer unit.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The PLX will replace the stock sensor, it uses a bosch sensor as well so it is very cheap and fairly easy to get ahold of. The PLX is a very linear unit when measuring the voltage unlike the AEM unit. The both are great and I don't think you could go wrong with either one though. I use the PLX with the AEM EMS and it works perfectly, there really are no cons to it.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 07:39 PM
Account Disabled

sweet.

I really like the larger square digital readout then AEM turn LED colors and digital read out in a round gauge.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

i had the uego for 4 months, loved it, but the downside is that you cant datalog. pm me the price you are getting it for. i can get it for you pretty cheap.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

none. Innovative lm-1 has released the xd-1 which is gauge you can put in your gauge pod. It's cheaper and the sensors are only 52 bucks at your local vw dealership.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i ahve the plx 300....it does replace the stock 02 sensor cause its sends out a narrow band signal to the ECU. the gauge is easy to read and i like it a lot....really no cons on it other than the gauge maybe a little big but it mounts nicely on the steering coloum. i would reconmend the PLX

edit: BTW THIS IS LANCERGUY'03 (i have a RRM Turbo on my Lancer) on my buddies CPU.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 09:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Widebandphillip
none. Innovative lm-1 has released the xd-1 which is gauge you can put in your gauge pod. It's cheaper and the sensors are only 52 bucks at your local vw dealership.
does xd-1 gauge need lm-1 to function? or you buy the xd-1 gauge and the o2 sensors and you're all set?

because that's cheap at, $180.

at here
Old Mar 27, 2005, 01:15 AM
Account Disabled

how about some more feedback on these, huh?

need to buy one next week, but can't decide. lack of information on all of them everywhere.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

get the PLX m-500....has wireless data logging.....cant go wrong with that...
Old Mar 27, 2005, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

I believe you do need the lm-1 with the xd-1 because the lm-1 outputs an analog signal to communicate with the xd-1 and show afr. Either way, much cheaper to maintain compared to aem. Their wideband replacements are 200+ dollars each. Trust me, you will burn the wideband out sooner or later.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Never heard anything bad about the PLX, nor saw... some DSM guys around here use it... they do send out a signal to the ecu so you can use exsisting O2 bungs instead of adding more... and, they're about $54 to replace last time i checked... display is nice and bright too... only con is, it's not as nice looking as the AEM... but, it's function over form anyways when it comes to these...
Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:23 AM
Account Disabled

thanks for the feedback.

i did some extensive search on them.

Man, plx 500 is about 100 times better than AEM could ever be. But i don't know if I need the datalogging. it's nice, but what the hell am I gonna do with it? I'm wondering if I could connect my S-AFC with them, then data logging it is. Wireless is just ridiculously nice.

I'm going to ask them questions.

plx 300 with the bosch plugs are idea thing i think. They look sharp, with red led, matches the interior perfectly.

also, turning your autometer a/f into wideband gauge is a kick *** feature. I'm trying to figure out if the m300 does this feature.

o2 sensor replacement is only like $25, which is good, i'll probably buy a replacement with it. and I don't have to put another bung in my downpipe.

The only thing that swayed me from AEM UEGO wideband is that the damn gauge starts at 11.

What the hell am i gonna do with that? once i"m tuned it'll be 11.5 or lower. I'm already probably at below 10.

obviously aem didn't thought of the turbo car application, since they run lower a/f than n/a cars.

u could do so much with this thing, i wonder why people buy AEM or even the nnovative lm-1 with xd-1, if you could have all that with PLX for crap load cheaper.

i'm buying this next week, will do how do install. should be simple.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 03:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude, i'm in the same boat as you... just curious about stuff, i looked up the Zeitronix stuff, and sent this email, and got this response.

http://www.zeitronix.com/
------------------------------

----- Original Message -----
To: zbigniew@zeitronix.com
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:04 PM
Subject: question on the ZT-2 unit

does this unit have both a narrowband, and a wideband output?

and/or can you give me a few ideas on my setup.

Looking to replace the stock narrowband on my mitsu evo with a wideband, then turn around and hook up an a/f to the wideband side, so that the ecu sees what it wants, and i see what i want ( the wideband readings ).

Please let me know if your product can accomplish those tasks.

Thank you for your time,

-xxxx

--------------
Subject: Re: question on the ZT-2 unit
Date: 3/27/2005 10:18:18 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: xxxx

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Yes, the Zt-2 has the wideband and simulated narrowband output which you can connect to the ECU where the narrowband sensor used to be.

Thanks,
Zbigniew
Zeitronix Inc.

------------
and you can turn around and connect boost, egt sensors to it, also for datalogging. Check out the screen if you're not interested in a gauge.

I want it solely for a defi-d, to tell me real readings.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 03:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha, also, who does customer support at 10:18 pm on a sunday night

Quick Reply: Wideband; AEM uego vs PLX m300 vs others