Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Pulled over for having stock exhaust!! Any other victims?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2005, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I got a really good case since theres no way in hell he coulda clocked us both when we were driving in 2 different lanes and it was 1 AM. I think the judge will believe us. So any suggestions on what complaints to file against that donut eating, trying to meet quota statie?
Old Apr 18, 2005, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

In my town i got pulled over after going under a bridge. I made sure to shift into 3rd so be in a lower rpm. He pulled me over with stock exhaust. Asked me if my exhaust was stock because it was pretty loud. I think the real reason he pulled me over was because i didnt have a registration sticker on my license plate.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
go take a picture of your exhaust and bring it to court.
better yet, drive your car to court...
Old Apr 18, 2005, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Meg
Wow, you have bad luck or the cop thought you guys were racing. I live just north of Boston and been in the area for many years. I never had any problems with the Boston police or State police. I have had my fair share of tickets but never **** like that!
Always been treated fair and deserved what I got, sorry to hear about your experience.

Meg
b/c you're a girl...everyone else gets profiled in our cars...
Old Apr 18, 2005, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

If you have your original MSRP window sticker, then it lists 4" Chrome exhaust tip as one of the features.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

for one this is horse shi%. but I would think if you are in lawschool at harvard you should have every resource in the world at your disposal. Get off these forums and go get in the books and with your professors and there legit lawyear buddies you should be able to just smoke this.

if you are looking for help with the law I would recommend www.radardetector.net
the guy who runs the forum is an excop and alot of people are able to give you good advice and where to get your info.

from my understanding for a cop car to pace you and its a justified ticket he should be running parallell to you then look at his speed-o. or he could be right on your *** that would work too.

good luck and fight the quota!!

staton
Old Apr 18, 2005, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Let me get this straight. Your friend with the WRX got pulled over and you went back like a good buddy to "be by his side." If the cop pulled your friend over and not you, there is no way in court that it will hold because he has to stop you during the alleged violation. He already pulled over your friend and you just went back. If he was going to get you guys both, he would have stop both of you at the same time. Also I would lie (because cops lie also) in court and say something like:"I was passing by and say my friend got pulled over and wanted to see what happened. Then all of a sudden the officer gave me a ticket." or something like that.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 09:31 AM

Yes I will definitely bring that up. Also I found out that the ***** charged me an extra $50 for the modified exhaust. Its only a $50 offense in the state of MA.

Tell me he didnt ticket us in order to meet his quota!? If he had asked us nice enough, we woulda donated some money to his damn cause!

I will make sure he gets written up if not fired for this!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

So what if you have an aftermarket exhaust. I see plenty of them everyday, loud or quiet, and they don't get pulled over.