Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Foul ball results in broken windshield

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2005, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
Unforunately, I think Kuba23 is right. But I live in SC...I got a replacement window free with my full-coverage insurance. Believe it's just a SC thing though. Good luck.
99% of us have full coverage...it depends on your deductibles. You have one for collision and one for other-than-collision. Windshields and windows usually fall under "other-than-collision," which usually has a lower deductible than "collision." To get it free, it would mean you have a $0 (or full) deductible.
Old May 8, 2005, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be pissed. My friends hood flow up on his eclipse and we got price quotes from $150 to $325 so make sure you check all over.
Old May 8, 2005, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

It sounds like you knew that it might happen. So you were going to move your car out of the danger zone. You did it too late, it is no ones fault but your own for parking too close. I think the dad should split the repair.
Old May 8, 2005, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Smile

eye for an eye, i would take the ball out of your windshield and put it through his and then dispute who owes what.
Old May 8, 2005, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
lol
i dont understand why you find that so funny. i guess it all depends on the insurance company. i have had two busted windshields in my lifetime and my brother too. they have always replaced it without a penny out of my pocket. and plus he parked by a baseball field, its not the kids fault. he was playing baseball where he should be playing. its different if the kid was hitting baseballs while in a parking lot.

Last edited by SIC SIK SIX; May 8, 2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old May 8, 2005, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

<--- windshield on jetta was replaced for free when big rock from semi wheel came flying at me.
Old May 8, 2005, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

You can get your insurance company to cover it if you say .....well let's say you were driving down the highway....and PERHAPS....a truck that was carring some "debree"....and some of that debree...aka as a BIG ROCK...smashed into your windshield. They, the insurance company, will replace it then -- no questions asked. Atleast mine does. I have Progressive.
Old May 8, 2005, 02:21 PM

Its not the guy's fault and I wouldnt pay you for it either. You parked next to a baseball field, thats just asking for it. If you take it to court you wont get anything. Were you parked in an actual spot or just on the grass or something? If you were in a spot then I retract my previous statement.
Old May 8, 2005, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
Unforunately, I think Kuba23 is right. But I live in SC...I got a replacement window free with my full-coverage insurance. Believe it's just a SC thing though. Good luck.
So what your saying is that you can break whatever you want in a park and its not your fault? haha good joke. To bad the father is liable because his son was a minor. File a police report for destruction of private property and give the lil bastard a record...That will teach his dad to no be such a F*cker.
Old May 8, 2005, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think the father is only responsible for the "willful misconduct" of a minor (that is, if the kid did it on purpose). Otherwise it is an accident and that is what insurance is for. I doubt you can win this in small claims court. Although the father is a bit of an *** anyway- if my kid did it I would feel bad- at least a little...
Old May 8, 2005, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Well, that sux big time, but no matter where you park your car nobody can tell you that "oo you park next to the park, and its your fault" i call this BS, he did not park the car on the field of where they were playin, did he? ok then the father is responsible and he should pay for your damages, I would of call the cops and file a report.
Its like saying, "oops i just hit your car and it was an accident", make that jerk pay for it, I hate loosers like that.
Old May 8, 2005, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Arkow
Well, that sux big time, but no matter where you park your car nobody can tell you that "oo you park next to the park, and its your fault" i call this BS, he did not park the car on the field of where they were playin, did he? ok then the father is responsible and he should pay for your damages, I would of call the cops and file a report.
Its like saying, "oops i just hit your car and it was an accident", make that jerk pay for it, I hate loosers like that.
Not only would the plaintiff be the "loser" for making a kid pay for it whos just playing ball, but you a$$ will get laughed out of court as well.

http://www.wilsonwhite.com/decisions...=tbl_decisions

He obviously parked close enough to the field so that it was negligance on the car owners part. Baseball assumed foul *****, it part of the game. Parking that close to a diamond means you inherently assume risk. Its common sense.

I hate people that dont pay for their own stupidity. Shake it off and call the insurance company. Granted, if it were me hitting a foul ball, id feel bad and offer some money, not becasue i felt obligated, but b/c it would be the nice thing to do...but the guy didnt...sucks...life goes on.

Last edited by Mercenary3; May 8, 2005 at 07:54 PM.
Old May 8, 2005, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mercenary3
Not only would the plaintiff be the "loser" for making a kid pay for it whos just playing ball, but you a$$ will get laughed out of court as well.

http://www.wilsonwhite.com/decisions...=tbl_decisions

He obviously parked close enough to the field so that it was negligance on the car owners part. Baseball assumed foul *****, it part of the game. Parking that close to a diamond means you inherently assume risk. Its common sense.

I hate people that dont pay for their own stupidity. Shake it off and call the insurance company.
+154865134
Old May 8, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Just make sure you get an EVO windshield. However you get it done or payed for, make sure it's the windshield for the EVO. Same shape as the Lancer, but it's different glass, and it will probably be more expensive too.
Old May 8, 2005, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

when you talk to your insurance company tell them you want OEM glass....you don't pay any more for it........when my 2 week old windsheld cracked from stone they told me if they can fix it there will be no charge, if they have to replace it 100$....when they fix this windsheld it will be my third!!

Last edited by djmikeymike; May 8, 2005 at 08:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Foul ball results in broken windshield