Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Another unhappy Rnr customer

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2005, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, that's RNR for you. I had the unfortunate experience of living through that same experience last summer when I ordered a TBE from them (false tracking number, constant "its going out tomorrow" claims, no response from PM's or voice mails). I eventually got all my parts (after two downpipes)... but it was the worst buying experience I've ever had.
Old May 28, 2005, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
What do you think I'm trying to do. I get no response from PM's, e-mails, phone calls. I get the same thing everytime I call "It will be sent out tomorrow."

In that case, I dont blame you. Its understandable. Just offering a balance to the issue. Most of the time people fly off at the keyboard and dont realize the consequences. It would seem there are mixed reviews about RnR's service, but for the most part they seem like nice guys and always have treated me nicely and promptly responded to all my questions. Best of luck to you.
Old May 28, 2005, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

honestly, i visited ryan at his shop to pick up my TBE (6 hr drive)
when i got there he was the only one there, helping me and another older couple at the same time. i'd say give him a break... i wanted to polished apex'i can, but the supplier sent the gold one. no big deal to me tho. sometimes crap just happens...i've had vendors lie to me at work all the time, and i relay their msg to the customer. not much else to do
Old May 29, 2005, 01:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
thats very unfortunate. ive done business with them in the past numerous times and have never run into any problems like this. im sorry about your experience and i hope the situation gets resolved for you.
Old May 29, 2005, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kataklyzm
honestly, i visited ryan at his shop to pick up my TBE (6 hr drive)
when i got there he was the only one there, helping me and another older couple at the same time. i'd say give him a break... i wanted to polished apex'i can, but the supplier sent the gold one. no big deal to me tho. sometimes crap just happens...i've had vendors lie to me at work all the time, and i relay their msg to the customer. not much else to do
i have been in the same situation where suppliers have screwed up and the customer looks at me like it's my fault. but i don't think that is the case here. there are way more negative experiences(based on the amount of threads here about them) than any other vendor on this board. 1 or 2 people complain then it's one thing, but there are countless customer service and some quality complaints agains rnr. that has got to tell you something.
Old May 29, 2005, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by scherejs
i have been in the same situation where suppliers have screwed up and the customer looks at me like it's my fault. but i don't think that is the case here. there are way more negative experiences(based on the amount of threads here about them) than any other vendor on this board. 1 or 2 people complain then it's one thing, but there are countless customer service and some quality complaints agains rnr. that has got to tell you something.
And there are many more that have not posted.
Old May 29, 2005, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

I think every effort should be made to resolve the problem before you get on the boards and start *****ing. Running a business that also relys on the performance of people outside your control is a monumental task.

Everytime I've had a problem, complaint or question about an ordered part from RnR, Ryan has gotten back to me and we resolved the issue without getting on the public forums. We are talking about a man's livelihood. How would you like it if everytime there was a question about your performance at work it was broadcast on the company bulliten boards.

My suggestion is to resolve your issues one on one!
Old May 29, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
Paypal, and it is over the 30 days. Sucks for me.
Hey, if you paid with a credit card to PayPal you can still dispute it through your CC...I think it's better that way anyway...

The CC will hit Paypal and refund your money, then Paypal goes after the vendor...

There's more info on Paypal regarding disputes...search for dispute tutorial...

Brent
Old May 29, 2005, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

I definitely won't be ordering from them after reading all this BS.
Old May 29, 2005, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RnR is Starting to get a VividRacing Rep
Old May 29, 2005, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Whoosh
I think every effort should be made to resolve the problem before you get on the boards and start *****ing. Running a business that also relys on the performance of people outside your control is a monumental task.

Everytime I've had a problem, complaint or question about an ordered part from RnR, Ryan has gotten back to me and we resolved the issue without getting on the public forums. We are talking about a man's livelihood. How would you like it if everytime there was a question about your performance at work it was broadcast on the company bulliten boards.

The most ignorant post here. Whoosh, the fact of the matter is that he has tried in good faith to resolve his problem. But the lack of emails and PMs are a dead giveaway to a bad vendor. In fact, do a search about RnR and you will pretty much get the smae story. If Ryan has the business sense (which he doesn't), he would have the time to attend to the need of his customers by responding to PMs and emails. He has in fact not. If you are talking about a "man's livelihood", then Ryan should get with the program and deal with his customers. End of story.
Old May 29, 2005, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Have you dealt with him? I'll bet not! Perhaps if you re-read the posts then maybe you'd realize that, by my estimation, he has not given him a chance to respond. Why has he responded to me and others in a timely manner? Maybe we've been patient and waited for an answer. Someone who calls on a Friday and can't believe they don't get an immediate response is not being realistic. I suppose Ryan should be waiting by the phone for his call.

If you feel like I'm ignorant, I would invite you to meet me half way and we can fully determine who is the ignorant one!

Originally Posted by jkim2001
The most ignorant post here. Whoosh, the fact of the matter is that he has tried in good faith to resolve his problem. But the lack of emails and PMs are a dead giveaway to a bad vendor. In fact, do a search about RnR and you will pretty much get the smae story. If Ryan has the business sense (which he doesn't), he would have the time to attend to the need of his customers by responding to PMs and emails. He has in fact not. If you are talking about a "man's livelihood", then Ryan should get with the program and deal with his customers. End of story.
Old May 29, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

I had to go through bull**** with RnR as well. I say if they cant handle demand, then they need to hire more help or be truthful on their deadlines.
Old May 29, 2005, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Whoosh

Yes we are talking about a livelihood, mine. I am the customer I should have the right to know where my product is or when I am getting a refund. I have given him more than enough time to respond to my PM's and my phone calls. My order should have gone out weeks ago, not days. Finally after getting more stearn in my Pm's to him I finally get a POS tracking number.

And yes at my job my performance is the entire company right to know how i am doing, every week our numbers are posted on production rate, dollars per product produced, etc. Maybe i have a stronger work ethic then others, and know if i don't do what I promised I said I would at work, well than I couldn't afford my Evo and or the toys to go along with it. I worry about myself, not someone who keeps on saying "It's going out tomorrow" quite a few times. Take your posts elsewhere if you don't like what I have to say.
Old May 29, 2005, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

If it makes you feel better, I got my tracking number 2 months before my parts shipped. I even have a downpipe that won't fit and they have not responded to my several attempts for some kind of resolution.