Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Free Maintenance Package?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2005, 06:47 PM
ELF
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
In the end, it sounds like you got your service for free, but I'd call the service dept (or another Mitsu dealer) and make sure that your car is listed as having a free maintenance package. You should NOT have paid extra for it, but wouldn't you have known if you got charged more? Didn't you agree to a price then sit down and do all the paperwork that showed every single extra charge line by line? If you just signed without looking, then maybe, but I can't see how you paid hidden charges without seeing it. I ran through the numbers with a fine-toothed comb and found that there were several things they were tacking on without me knowing or asking. In the end, all I had on there was the agreed MSRP price + destination - the $500 Mitsu loyalty rebate + TTL.

The service writer did look it up and checked and it is free, yeah wat a stupid moron service writer, but man was i PISSED when he said it wasn't free...but I complain and he looked it up and i was right yeah wat a MORON
Old Jun 16, 2005, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
could i find out if i had one, i got mine used. its an 03
Old Jun 16, 2005, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JSYEVO
could i find out if i had one, i got mine used. its an 03
No, man, not on a used car, haha. This was a promotion that ran during late 04 to get people to buy new Mitsu's.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 01:28 AM

I think it was a good idea for Mitsu to do this promotion it makes service so much easier.

EVOCOLLABORATE
Old Jun 17, 2005, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

I have the free maintenance program -- I've used it once but that was prior to all my modding. I'm curious, if I were to take my car in for Maintenance, would they still do it even though my car is modded? Anyone try? I know the only way I'll find out is to do it -- but I still have 1,000 miles before I'm due So anyone??
Old Jun 17, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

I bought mine in august 04, and was told every "regular scheduled maintenence" is free. To my surprise Mitsu's regular schedule is every 5k miles. I wouldn't even think of driving my evo 5k without an oil change. So basically I have to pay every other oil change. It is nice to not have to pay for every $65 dollar change, but it is kinda BS that they tell you every R.S.M. is at 5k not 3k. I have 18k on my car now and got my first letter from mitsu this week that I need to come in for my first tuneup. I have a AMS stage 1 and am not nervous about taking it in. Everything they are servicing has nothing to do with what I changed, except the MBC. AFC is out of sight.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kronik
I have the free maintenance program -- I've used it once but that was prior to all my modding. I'm curious, if I were to take my car in for Maintenance, would they still do it even though my car is modded? Anyone try? I know the only way I'll find out is to do it -- but I still have 1,000 miles before I'm due So anyone??
No worries about that, man. Your free maintenance has NOTHING to do with the warranty. There is no reason for them not to do the regular maintenance if you have mods. The only thing to worry about is them doing the maintenance and taking note of all your mods for future warranty claims. You may come back in 10-20k miles with a powertrain problem, and they may suddenly say, "Ah, well, you've had Mods X, Y, and Z for 15k miles, so that's not covered." Or, they may be cool and only deny a claim if it was obviously caused by a specific mod.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lexat20
I bought mine in august 04, and was told every "regular scheduled maintenence" is free. To my surprise Mitsu's regular schedule is every 5k miles. I wouldn't even think of driving my evo 5k without an oil change. So basically I have to pay every other oil change. It is nice to not have to pay for every $65 dollar change, but it is kinda BS that they tell you every R.S.M. is at 5k not 3k. I have 18k on my car now and got my first letter from mitsu this week that I need to come in for my first tuneup. I have a AMS stage 1 and am not nervous about taking it in. Everything they are servicing has nothing to do with what I changed, except the MBC. AFC is out of sight.
They only suggest every 5k, because it uses fully synthetic oil. Studies have shown that at 3k miles, the synthetic oil has only just begun to be fully efficient. Changing at this point means you are constantly running the car with oil that is not yet in its optimum, protective state.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

I think they extended that promotion to the end of March 2005, When I bought my car they told me that they have extended it. They even gave me the schedule and what is to be performed..
Old Jun 17, 2005, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

That's what I'm hoping too, Warrtalon It's nice to not have to pay for any maintenance for 4 years
Old Jun 17, 2005, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Yes they did extend it, i bought my MR in dec of 04 and they gave me a 4yr/60k free maintence program...it might have just been a dealer promo for the extra year of service though.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

I just did my 10k maintenance on my evo two days ago. They did all the maintenance for free plus resurfacing my rotors. Mods include: cams, intake, turbo back exhaust, boost controller, gauges, turbo timer, front mount, fuel pump, and flash. All they said was, your exhaust sounds sweet. The mods had nothing to do with any of those services. If anything, it was cheaper for them because they didn't have to change my air filter. Just let them know if you have a drop in because they might try to replace it....I've had that almost happen on a different car.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kronik
That's what I'm hoping too, Warrtalon It's nice to not have to pay for any maintenance for 4 years
3 years, you mean. I'm driving less miles than average, so I won't end up using all of my 9 free services, which sucks, because the 45k service has a lot of extra things included. When I get right to the end of the 3 year mark, I'll probably only have 30k miles, but I'll try to get them to do the 45k service.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dynofrk666
Yes they did extend it, i bought my MR in dec of 04 and they gave me a 4yr/60k free maintence program...it might have just been a dealer promo for the extra year of service though.
Wow, that's awesome. I've never heard of a 4yr/60k one...maybe that's what Kronik got. I've read where other people who bought in December of 04 didn't get it at all, since it originally ended in November. You got lucky to get it at all, and then even more lucky to get another year. That's teh pwnage.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

no but i got mine used from a private owner