Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Free Maintenance Package?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2005, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lexat20
I bought mine in august 04, and was told every "regular scheduled maintenence" is free. To my surprise Mitsu's regular schedule is every 5k miles. I wouldn't even think of driving my evo 5k without an oil change. So basically I have to pay every other oil change. It is nice to not have to pay for every $65 dollar change, but it is kinda BS that they tell you every R.S.M. is at 5k not 3k. I have 18k on my car now and got my first letter from mitsu this week that I need to come in for my first tuneup. I have a AMS stage 1 and am not nervous about taking it in. Everything they are servicing has nothing to do with what I changed, except the MBC. AFC is out of sight.
I bought mine in dec 04 and had the 10yr/10,000 mile drivetrain warranty blah blahand 4 yr/60,000 free maintanance schedule. Didn't buy there PIT PASS, I only have 2500 miles so only been in the dealer once since purchased but that was before doing any mods. Next free scheduled maintance isn't until 5000 miles so I'll see what they say.

Lexat20...have you had any good experiences around here with mod friendly dealers. Heard from a few that Biggers in Elgin was ok but not Schaumburg, what do you think?

Last edited by ddubb; Jun 17, 2005 at 07:14 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
No worries about that, man. Your free maintenance has NOTHING to do with the warranty. There is no reason for them not to do the regular maintenance if you have mods. The only thing to worry about is them doing the maintenance and taking note of all your mods for future warranty claims. You may come back in 10-20k miles with a powertrain problem, and they may suddenly say, "Ah, well, you've had Mods X, Y, and Z for 15k miles, so that's not covered." Or, they may be cool and only deny a claim if it was obviously caused by a specific mod.
Excellent point!
Old Jun 17, 2005, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
got mine at schaumburg and had my 5 months free oil change( coz i only have 4K miles and got it Dec 04) and t'was ok....except that i feel my steering wheel wiggle since they rotated the tires....
Old Jun 18, 2005, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep