Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Free Maintenance Package?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2005, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free Maintenance Package?

Did any one else get the maintenance package with the purchase of there Evolution VIII? I had service included with the purchase my Evo every 5k miles untill 65k miles. Any service that is due is free of charge at any Mitsubishi dealer in the USA & Canada.

EVOCOLLABORATE
Old Jun 16, 2005, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

yup, mines free. well as free as they including it in the price of the car can be. but i never bought a pit pass as part of the deal.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOCOLLABORATE
Did any one else get the maintenance package with the purchase of there Evolution VIII? I had service included with the purchase my Evo every 5k miles untill 65k miles. Any service that is due is free of charge at any Mitsubishi dealer in the USA & Canada.
Yes, but it's only 3years/45k miles. I've never heard of one that lasts 65k. The Mitsu promotion was 3yr/45k and ended in November of '04.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 02:44 PM

Sorry I said miles I ment kilometers I am living in British Columbia so 45k miles is about 65k kilometers. What all is included in this package is it only oil changes or are brake fluid flushes, cabin filter ect. included, and what is the pit pass? I do not know alot about what is included because I bought the car in Beaverton Oregon and now live in Vancouver B.C and they are not very familiar with the Evo since they are not legal to import into Canada. I was told I am a V.I.P on the Mitsu data base what does this mean?

EVOCOLLABORATE
Old Jun 16, 2005, 02:47 PM

So how are you driving an evo? Please elaborate, i'm moving to canada soon and i'd like to know how to get around this. PM me if you must
Old Jun 16, 2005, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry I said miles I ment kilometers I am living in British Columbia so 45k miles is about 65k kilometers. What all is included in this package is it only oil changes or are brake fluid flushes, cabin filter ect. included, and what is the pit pass? I do not know alot about what is included because I bought the car in Beaverton Oregon and now live in Vancouver B.C and they are not very familiar with the Evo since they are not legal to import into Canada. I was told I am a V.I.P on the Mitsu data base what does this mean?
Pit pass is something you pay for specifically. You don't have that.

The free maintenance includes everything that it says in the manual that you got with the car. Every 5k miles they will do the free service, and different things are included with each service. AT the very least, each one includes an oil change, but some are more extensive in that they include tranny fluid changes and other things. Look at your maintenance book, because it says exactly what is supposed to be done at each interval. You can't just go in and get maintenance whenever you want, though. It shows in the system what you are scheduled for, and they check off one each time you come in, so it's not like you come in and get service done randomly.

If your dealer in BC doesn't know much about it, then I would be surprised if you got the free maintenance, because the only way they know what to do is by what it tells them to do in the system. Each of us with the free maintenance has it tied to our VIN, and it comes up automatically in the system when they look up our VIN.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 03:39 PM

I do drive an Evo and no it is not registered in Canada because transport Canada will not allow it. Evo's are not legal in Canada if you do a search it will explain why
Old Jun 16, 2005, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

I do drive an Evo and no it is not registered in Canada because transport Canada will not allow it. Evo's are not legal in Canada if you do a search it will explain why
Yeah, well, if it's not legal, then how are you driving it there?
Old Jun 16, 2005, 03:48 PM

My guess is the Evo is registered in the US under a relative's name?
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

this is why canada is America Jr. J/k prostitution is legal in canada. GO CANADA!!!
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:25 PM
ELF
Evolving Member

I found out when i went to the dealership that the free maintenance package wasn't free that it was included with the financing...thats what the service writer told me....so i actually paid for it
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ELF
I found out when i went to the dealership that the free maintenance package wasn't free that it was included with the financing...thats what the service writer told me....so i actually paid for it
That's definitely not true. The free maintenance was free to everyone who bought a Mitsu during the promotional period. If you bought your car after the promotional period, it's possible they tacked it on to your final price, but I didn't finance through Mitsu, so there were no hidden charges, and I do have the free maintenance.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:43 PM
ELF
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
That's definitely not true. The free maintenance was free to everyone who bought a Mitsu during the promotional period. If you bought your car after the promotional period, it's possible they tacked it on to your final price, but I didn't finance through Mitsu, so there were no hidden charges, and I do have the free maintenance.

i bought mine in Oct of '04 and when i went in for my free maintenance, the service writer said that Evo's don't have free maintenance package and there was none offer on them and he was gonna charge me for a oil change but i told him i got it and he said i must of purchased it but i was like the salesman said that i would have that on my car and the service writer said it must of been a hidden charge...
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ELF
i bought mine in Oct of '04 and when i went in for my free maintenance, the service writer said that Evo's don't have free maintenance package and there was none offer on them and he was gonna charge me for a oil change but i told him i got it and he said i must of purchased it but i was like the salesman said that i would have that on my car and the service writer said it must of been a hidden charge...
Sounds like the service writer is a moron, but then again, it should show up on the computer system when they pull up your VIN. I bought my MR in October, also, and all Mitsu's got the free maintenance at that point in time. When I went for my first service, they pulled up my VIN, and it showed 9 free services, at which point I used my first one.

In the end, it sounds like you got your service for free, but I'd call the service dept (or another Mitsu dealer) and make sure that your car is listed as having a free maintenance package. You should NOT have paid extra for it, but wouldn't you have known if you got charged more? Didn't you agree to a price then sit down and do all the paperwork that showed every single extra charge line by line? If you just signed without looking, then maybe, but I can't see how you paid hidden charges without seeing it. I ran through the numbers with a fine-toothed comb and found that there were several things they were tacking on without me knowing or asking. In the end, all I had on there was the agreed MSRP price + destination - the $500 Mitsu loyalty rebate + TTL.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 06:05 PM

The car is registered under my name and perminent adress in the USA so it is legal