Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Interesting trip to Mitsu

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2005, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting trip to Mitsu

I went to Mitsu today to talk to the sales rep about trading in my 03 for an 05 MR. the sales guy was cool but he had some really outrageous things to say.
1 He mentioned that i would be better off selling my 03 on ebay because i would be able to get 27 or 28 for it.
2 he said i should just get the eclipse gt because mitsu is going to get ready to sell upgrades for there cars ie. turbo/supercharger kits for the eclipse and so on. and that the eclipse w/fi would be an evo killer
3 said the eclipse has the same handling as the evo
4 that the evo 9 wont be out till 2006 as a 2007 model
The guy said some other crazy things to like the 03's are better than the 05's b/c they have no govenor. even if that was true is that really a reason to make the 03's better. how about the 10.5 hotside on the 05??
He did say he could get me an MR for msrp though if that were so would it be worth it or should i be looking for less than msrp?
well just thought i would see what everyone has to say and think let me know
oh one smart thing the guy did say was that "some guy named Vishnu can make evo's run in the 11's" I told him I know all about Vishnu but the bottom line was that this guy doesnt really know what he is talkin about

david
Old Jul 5, 2005, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

has anyone heard that mitsu will start selling upgrades for their cars similar to SPT for Subaru?
Old Jul 5, 2005, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tell him that if the Eclipse will be faster than the EVO MR then you want the MR at invoice price since it is such a slow car See what he says to that!

Keith
Old Jul 5, 2005, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

further more, tell him to give you the MR for eclipse price.. since eclipse is faster..
Old Jul 5, 2005, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

haha. true that, all u care about is get evo mr at lowest price as possible!
Old Jul 5, 2005, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

I'll have to find a new eclipse to race this winter people should have them here by then
Old Jul 5, 2005, 04:00 PM

ive found that alot of salesman in general dont know what the **** they are talking about..when i bought my car last june..the salesman was trying to tell me that the evo was twin turbo...i just looked at him and was like "are you serious?!"....maybe he meant twin scroll
Old Jul 5, 2005, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

haha you guys are funny those are some good ideas ill have to try and see what he says
Old Jul 5, 2005, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
one of the local sales guys here called the wing a fiber carbon wing it was funny they are all worthless
Old Jul 5, 2005, 04:11 PM

i had one tell me i was trying to make a car go fast that isn't supposed to, and that it wasn't factory turbo charged...lol
Old Jul 5, 2005, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by BYBYSTI
i had one tell me i was trying to make a car go fast that isn't supposed to, and that it wasn't factory turbo charged...lol
wow thats worse than the salesman i had man...lol
Old Jul 5, 2005, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
when i got mine the guy said you will love this car it has a turbo on it and a aftermarket wing. and its great in the winter because of the 4wd and the tires are super grip. yea ok turbo check, aftermarket wing m.i.a. winter grip HELL NO NOT THERE. THEY GOT TO TEACH THESE PEOPLE AT LEAST 1 THING ABOUT THESE CARS
Old Jul 5, 2005, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

LoL...good stories guys...but I bet the dude was saying all this crazy stuff because he doesnt have an MR or IX to sell so he continues to argue that Mitsubishi Eclipse will be faster, has the same handling as the Evo, and factory upgrades...all that BS...and what he said about he could get you an MR was probably BS as well...also the guy doesnt want you to trade the 03 Evo at the dealer because theyre probably too hard for them to sell especially since its used. Thats just my .02. Atleast its all a possibility. I kinda got to know salesmen throught their retarded acts. One time, i was at the dealer...the guy asked for my license to get down the information. The stupid guy never gave it back and when i went back into the dealer a few days later to pick it up...he continued to TRY selling me the car. It was funny..the guy even talked about an overcharge for "Undercoating of the body" WHICH COMES STANDARD. Salesmen...all to stupid until i met Scott at Salerno Mitsu on RT 10 in Randolph NJ.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 04:36 PM

Salesmen

It is rare to find a salesman who knows anything about cars. And when you do they want to scam you as much as the other guys. You just don't have to listen to so much BS. I'm down with OPP.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

One of my friends went to a mitsu dealer in a small town where i live. He then asked if they had any Lancer Evolutions and they showed him a oz rally or the other one... He then said he wanted to see the turbocharged lancer and they replied "lancers are turbocharged?"