Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

so i wen tot the local mistu dealership...MUST READ!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2005, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so i wen tot the local mistu dealership...MUST READ!

So I went to a mitsu dealer today but no names ...anyway jus stopping by to see if they have any evos. walk into the showroom floor and saw 1 black one. 05 VIII sun and sound package. So right off the bat a sales person walks up to me and says nice car huh. i replied yeah its nice. so heres how the convo went:

ME:Is this 2wd?(i ask dumb questions to hopefully make him say wrong info)
SALES: No..this is ALL WHEEL DRIVE(okay..so maybe he might know some stuff)
ME: so sir..how much psi of boost does this have?
SALES:um..im not sure let me find out( goes in the back room..then back to the front desk and finally askes another sales guy)
"hey (name) how much boost does the evo have?
his sales friend replies:"10-12psi"
ME: (LAUGHING INSIDE) proceed to go on with some more questions
"whats the 0-60 and 1/4 mile?
SALES: OH this evo does 0-60 in 3.9 seconds..4 flat with a regualr driver and blasts down the strip in 12.9!
MEthink to myself..okay this guy doesnt really know his stuff)
ME: how many liters?
SALES:I dont know..asks the man behind the counter that helped him out with the "how much boost" question.
"3.0 liter.." i said what? he replies..."hahaha im just kidding...2.4L!"
ME: NOW IM DYING..this is PATHETIC...these guys shouldnt even be selling this car. OMG
ME: so...wheres the turbo?
SALES: why are you asking so many questions? And what do you drive now?
ME: i have the lancer(couldnt think of any models..ls..es WHATEVER) so i say lancer ralliart. and im askin questions because i just went to the sti dealership(not really) And am trying to compare the two.
SALES: well the turbo is... right umm...(calls the knowledgeable sales helper that thinks this is a 12psi 2.4L!! to come over and help look for the turbo)
SALES: right there! there it is..POINTS TO UNDER THE INTAKE MANIFOLD...(NO JOKE HERE!!!) its located right under the intake manifold. He said.."can you see it?"
ME: I think i can see it(i go along) but theres a bunch of wires in the way(now i have to turn away and go to the back of the car becuase im grinning and cant stop..i was aobut to bust up laughing but held myself together)
ME: Now i proceed to ask about modifications....
what mods can i do to this?
SALES: WELLL...this evo engine is pretty much tweeked out to its max, but you can add a intake, that replaces the air box, and a catback.
ME: i said without voiding your warranty? and how much HP can i expect?
SALES: ya those are the 2 mods that you cna do without voiding it from us. With the intake youll see about 10hp and the catback is good up to 15. There is also another type of exhuast, called a double catback(as we walk to the back of the evo he explains to me what a "double catback" is
SALES: this is a dual exhaust i have seen on evos, basically there 2 mufflers one on each side, i have seen gains of 20hp!
ME: but i only see one cut out for exhuast and its on the left side?
SALES: ya thats the downside youll have to take it to a body shop where they can cut out the extra hole for you.
MEhhh thats tight!!

SO aftr hearing all this i couldnt take it anymore...i had to leave or i was going to bust up laughing in these guys faces. I AM NOT MAKING ANYHTING UP HERE!! I WISH I had a camera oh..man. this is true mitsu sales AT ITS BEST! I could just think, if i was some unknowledgeable new car buyer these guys would feed me so much BS id think it was ture. EVOS SHOULDNT BE REPRESENTED BY SALES PEOPLE LIKE THIS! lol
well thats my encuonter with the sales at the mitsu dealer..man what a day. STILL LAUGHING
Old Jul 18, 2005, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

for some reason, I am not surprised
Old Jul 18, 2005, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

That's typical. Most car salesmen aren't car guys. One of them told me a Pontiac G6 had a Honda engine and another told me a Forester Turbo would go from 0-60 in 5 seconds. hahaha
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:01 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I won't be surprised if it's true or not. Some day i'll open up a car dealership when I win the lottery and I will know my cars
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:03 PM

At first I thought the salesman was confused between an evo and a srt-4. I came to realize that he was just a complete idiot.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:11 PM

hahaha...shows how mitsu salesman know their car...
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Car salesmen are idiots! There only trade is to bull **** ignorant people out of lots of money. They don't like people like us that are very well versed in our car specs. I hate those type of salesmen but have yet to find a knowledgeable car enthusiast that sold cars.

-Nate
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

That's funny.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

why are you going into a mitsu dealership if you own a lambo???

nothing to do in your town??
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:46 PM

They're salesmen. They'll sell anything. That guy could quit today and be at bestbuy tomorrow selling pc's or whatever. BS is the native tongue of the salesman.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

that mistu for us...
same knowledge applied to the service department too!!!!!
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

I have done this one time.. About 1 year after I had mine, I took a friend of mine to look at some for him.. The salesmen were EXACTLY the same... They didn't know the gas tank from the engine bay... I was totally blown away by thier ignorance..
Old Jul 18, 2005, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

I went to the local chevy dealership the other day...the guy didn't know anything about the Corvette lol. You'd think he'd know something about it.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 08:23 PM

Salsemen switch dealerships from time-to-time so not all of them really know anything about the car. Their job is to use their "communication skills" to persuade you into buying the vehicle. Not necessarily knowing exactly all the specs of the vehicle so I cut some salesmen some slack and educate them sometimes.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

one of the hardest posts i've read that actually forms words

my eyes!!

funny though

Quick Reply: so i wen tot the local mistu dealership...MUST READ!