Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

110 leaded race gace

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2005, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I was planing on an xede, I know that you need a way to tune for the better gas to get the full benifits. Also, Warrtalon, I know ur very smart but do you know for sure that I'll kill my cat even with a 15% leaded mix, as in, have you done it and you ruined you cat?? Like I said, I want hear of actual experiences using a low percentage leaded mix. Also, I wantd to do this cuz I live in cali and I know the mix will make my car run better and be a little bit faster (after tuning for it)

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Sep 14, 2005 at 04:15 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where are you located because I want to live there.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me to 110 gas around here is right around 5/gal.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

i was wondering...anybody use mid grade unleaded fuel...and then used a octane booster? bottle here is like 8 bucks for a whole tank....and the octane booster boosts up octane to 104.......anybody tried...i was close to doing it when gas here in da city was 5 bucks a gallon.....anybody?
Old Sep 14, 2005, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

No octane boost raises gas (91/93) to 104. Most people believe that octane boost does nothing, but SCC (Sport Compact Car magazine) had a independant fuel lab test two types of octane boost (Outlaw and NOS brand). The 91oct. Shell they started with tested @ 91.2 octane (R+M)/2 and with the Outlaw octane boost, the gas tested @ 92.4 oct., while the NOS brand "Racing formula" tested @ 93.7.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
I was planing on an xede, I know that you need a way to tune for the better gas to get the full benifits. Also, Warrtalon, I know ur very smart but do you know for sure that I'll kill my cat even with a 15% leaded mix, as in, have you done it and you ruined you cat?? Like I said, I want hear of actual experiences using a low percentage leaded mix. Also, I wantd to do this cuz I live in cali and I know the mix will make my car run better and be a little bit faster (after tuning for it)
Hey, we've told you what's going to happen. If you still believe that just because you dilute it, you're not going to kill your cat, then go for it and report back. I don't see how it's possibly worth it when you could just use 100 and run great all the time with no worry, but hey, it's up to you.

No, I haven't done it, because I have had no desire to destroy my cat.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SE7EN
i was wondering...anybody use mid grade unleaded fuel...and then used a octane booster? bottle here is like 8 bucks for a whole tank....and the octane booster boosts up octane to 104.......anybody tried...i was close to doing it when gas here in da city was 5 bucks a gallon.....anybody?
Please don't do that if you have an Evo. Never, ever rely on "octane booster" to prevent the destruction of your engine.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Please don't do that if you have an Evo. Never, ever rely on "octane booster" to prevent the destruction of your engine.
i wasnt going to do it...i was wondering if anybody in any vehicle has ever done it....on top of that note...thanks for the heads up....well hes mud in ur eye
Old Sep 15, 2005, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Hey, we've told you what's going to happen. If you still believe that just because you dilute it, you're not going to kill your cat, then go for it and report back. I don't see how it's possibly worth it when you could just use 100 and run great all the time with no worry, but hey, it's up to you.

No, I haven't done it, because I have had no desire to destroy my cat.

I have read many post bout this and a couple people said that a diluted mix isn't that bad (more said what you said, Warrtalon), but I even saw a vendor tell someone that if they used that mix and ruin thier cat or O2, he would buy them a replacement, but he also just "said" it would work, but I want someone to tell me bout an experience (not in theory, but have actully done it ie..like you've done it for a yr and nothings happen or you did it a couple times and ruined your O2). I was just trying to find the truth bout using a small % mix cuz like I said above 100oct. and 110 oct. are the same price 'round here and a mix of 14gals. of 91oct and 2gals. of 100oct. is 92.2 oct and 2gals. of 110oct. (w/ the 12gal. of 91oct) is 93.7oct., giving me alot more octane for the money. I'm not set on doing this, if someone comes and says that their experience with leaded gas was just like you said Warrtalon (bad), then I would quickly abandon my idea to use leaded gas.