Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Question... My Brembos squeak really loud

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question... My Brembos squeak really loud

Help... I've only owned my car for less than 1 month, and i've put around 550 miles on the car. I've noticed that my brakes makes squeaking noises when i come to a stop. At first i've ignored it thinking since it's a new car and it's probably dust on the rotors, but for some reason i am still hearing this sqeaking noise. Should i bring it in to the dealer? I can't seem to reproduce it everytime. I seem to hear it ocassionally when i have the brake lightly pressed and when my steering wheel is turned to one side. Any ideas if this could be some other problem besides the brakes?
Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Don't worry about it thats normal what I do is put a little bit more pressure on the brakes. If you think that's loud you should hear some real racing brakes those make ur ears bleed haha.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Have you bed-in the brakes?

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/tech/....jsp?techid=85

After that and it still happens take it to the dealer. It should be covered. I had a broken pad and that was replaced under warrenty.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

if you are talking about just a low speed squeak, welcome to the world of brembos. i have 1500 miles on mine and it squeaks. no worries.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

btw if u search there's another thread on this i was curious about it too.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Have you bedded your brakes? Even if you have, this might be perfectly normal. I find it interesting that so many people are worried about brake squeaks. A few of my friends visiting from Europe get a kick from this as well. They always say the same thing; over there a car with squeaky brakes is considered high performance, over here people complain and think there's a problem. HIGH PERFORMANCE BRAKES MAKE NOISE. If you don't want it to make noise, brake late and hard. If you want to baby your brakes, get ready for some noise!!!
Old Sep 23, 2005, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

brembos squeek at low speeds. enjoy your evo
Old Sep 23, 2005, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Yep that too 1+ ^
Old Sep 23, 2005, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Ahh okay well for one thing, i haven't bedding in my brake pads yet. And I didn't know performance brakes make squeaking sounds. I thought just because they are brand new and the surfaces haven't really had a chance to rub in yet or something ha ha Thanks for the quick replies, guess i don't have to worry too much. I've been driving and using my enging to brake most of the time, and haven't really braked hard with my brembos yet. I've only gone from maybe 45 to 0 once in a second or two, because i decided not to run that yellow light cause of a cop on the other side
Old Sep 23, 2005, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

my breaks were super loud until about 1200 miles
Old Sep 23, 2005, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

best bet is to use a little axle grease on your rotors. it'll stop the squeaking...

-btw
my stock brembos were silent in comparo to the project mu pads i got... when my brakes are cold, my brakes squeel enough to be heard for miles and the sound is comparible to those flying iguanas in the lord of the rings movies. when they're warm, they sound like my brembo's did after some really really spirited driving.

Last edited by HoLeeRay; Sep 23, 2005 at 10:12 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Most of the sqeeks from my evo is when I first start the car and breaking while backing up, once I start going forward the sqeek goes away.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 11:15 AM

So, all of you who think they are supposed to make noise, why does only one caliper make noise on my car?
Old Sep 23, 2005, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

this is a thread with good info in it, welcome to the club, mine arent as bad but they still do it a lot, you really get used to it, I dont know anyone with an Evo that doesnt have squeaky brakes https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=150913
Old Sep 23, 2005, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Simple Solution. Go Beat the living sh.t out of your car in the twisties. Pound the brakes like a red headed step child for an hour. They tend to shut up for a while after that. (seriously)

Quick Reply: Question... My Brembos squeak really loud