Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

mitsu will bump the h.p. to 310 hp

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2002, 09:30 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you were them would you rather warrenty a 260 hp car or a car pushing 310 hp?
Yes if i make an extra 5k. The warrenty repair comes with the raised price of the car.

Who would by an evo with 252hp @30k? People would rather buy a 350Z for 26k and 280+hp and apparently it's hard for mitsubihi to sell this car for 25k without stripping it down to a WRX. And when it does come out so suddenly, subaru would be loosing sales especally with their 260-270hp sti. And Wrx buyer would buy an evo instead.
Old Jan 31, 2002, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im excited for the lancer wagon, VRX, Airtrek, and the new MONTERO SPORT! when will it debut.. NY auto show? Chicago Auto Show?

and uhh u never know.. but UNDER 30k can means.... $29,999 haaha
Old Feb 1, 2002, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

whoever first posted this was wrong....accordign to the motortrend sitting on my lap the new evo will have 276 hp...........not 310......but in black caption.......MOTORTREND HEARS that it may have 300 or more.

thank you

im going to work now
Old Feb 2, 2002, 11:43 PM

I think my distrect mgr is going to know stuff before any car mag will. Working for mitsu does help in getting inside information.
Old Feb 3, 2002, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

the way insurace works is that they take actual data from the real world...there was this one guy who traded in his car...i forgot what exactly but it was an econobox like a honda or something...he traded it for a brand new viper and his insurace rates were lower...the reason is that in actual statistics very few vipers are in accidents because they are rarely driven...only as weekend cars. so since there are not many corvettes on the road compares to mustangs etc ec...there are not as many accidents with them...
Old Feb 3, 2002, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

That insurance explanation makes sense... insure the statistical risk not the projected one. Thing is if I owned a car that is not very common (ie.Viper), I'd be crossing my fingers hoping that one of my fellow owners don't write theirs off.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 01:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by evo penguin
the way insurace works is that they take actual data from the real world...there was this one guy who traded in his car...i forgot what exactly but it was an econobox like a honda or something...he traded it for a brand new viper and his insurace rates were lower...the reason is that in actual statistics very few vipers are in accidents because they are rarely driven...only as weekend cars. so since there are not many corvettes on the road compares to mustangs etc ec...there are not as many accidents with them...
With the same line of thought, that goes with the age groups too.
How many viper/vette owners do you see in their late teens or twenties? Since most of these owners are in their 40s to 60s, they make some of the savest statistical group to insure. That is why it
is cheaper than a civic, where the average age group is between 16-40?
Old Feb 4, 2002, 05:48 AM

Points taken....Thus the insurance on the evo will be through the roof because you know people are gunna drive the hell out of them....and those who over estimate their skill will wreck....sucky.....
Old Feb 4, 2002, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

I think this is a tough subject...

It's a four door sedan with alot of power....so it could be thrown into the same category as a BMW, who's drivers have pretty low insurance from what I've seen.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Hooby
I think this is a tough subject...

It's a four door sedan with alot of power....so it could be thrown into the same category as a BMW, who's drivers have pretty low insurance from what I've seen.
Don't forget to add the "turbo" into the equation, and you will have a higher insurance cost. Which is why the new 350Z is not coming without a turbo to keep production and insurance cost down to make a profit.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 09:25 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Ahh, who cares about insurance. I'll be 25 soon enough.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by LancerzEvo
im excited for the lancer wagon, VRX, Airtrek, and the new MONTERO SPORT! when will it debut.. NY auto show? Chicago Auto Show?

and uhh u never know.. but UNDER 30k can means.... $29,999 haaha
And that's still way below the $45k price for the EvoVII that all you "experts" predicted just a few months ago...
Old Feb 4, 2002, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by RaX
Ahh, who cares about insurance. I'll be 25 soon enough.
Being 25 does not mean your insurance is going to be 50% off.
I had asked my insurance agent as few years back on a 300ZXTT.
I was suprised that it was quoted to be $150/month for a weekend car with only 5000 miles a year. And I was 25 with no ticket.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

not all insurance agencies even give discounts for 25 years. find a broker and check the web-based agencies to get the best deal if you're just looking for cheap.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 09:53 PM

Indeed. I'm 27, no tickets/accidents, and geico wants $1700/yr to insure a 98 M3 which I'm right on the edge of getting. Half liability, half comprehensive.

Quick Reply: mitsu will bump the h.p. to 310 hp